Profile Picture

Importing iClone animation into CTA2

Posted By Scythar 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Scythar
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi, i'm Patrick
I'm following a tutorial telling me to import an animation to a G2 figure, by clicking and dragging from iClone G5 figure right onto the G2 CTA-figure.
I DO see the +sign like it will import when i hover over the G2 figure, but ultimatly it doesnt import the animation (standard walk, like in the tutorial).
Any ideas what i am doing wrong?
THX
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
What version of CTA do you have?

Importing iClone motions is only available with the Pipeline version.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Scythar
Scythar
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)

i c
thats why i couldnt click and drag, i have CTA2 - pro version, not the pipeline version.
thx.

Edit:
No-where in the tutorial DVD they mention the version of CTA2 you need, that's strange, no? I thought the videotutorial (available here) would be for any version of CTA2.

On the other hand, i do have Xchange pro, could i use this to convert to CTA2 motion?

gr. P.
Edited
10 Years Ago by Scythar
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Usually they put on the bottom line of the title screen what version(s) the tutorial applies to as seen below in the bottom right corner.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Scythar
Scythar
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Again... i c Blush
sorry, ftm very noobish at this!

Now, i guess, nothing left for me, then to ask support how much it would cost me to upgrade from CTA2pro --> CTA2pipeline.
Cos when i go to upgrade in my account, i see a price of 170$, but since i also see a price of +100$ for pro, i dont know is thats the price just for a premium plus member for the full product, or thats the upgrade price... ?

Reading This Topic