iclone reminder

Posted By Fantasy-Raider 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Fantasy-Raider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
This is a strange one and I'm hoping someone will know what this means.
I was on it most of last night and all was well till this morning.

iClone starts okay and allows me to do everything i want except ......
the moment I click on Avatar, I get this error report:

iclone reminder
Create window handle error, please close other programs and run iClone again.

Then I click okay and the program ends.

I have closed all other programs as advised but it still keeps saying the same thing when i click on Avatar?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi rubbishraider,

I don't know if this is the case, but every time you switch tabs to a new asset window - Iclone takes time to load up all the icons in that panel - so if you have a ton of items in that panel when it first opens up and start clicking on items before it's done refreshing - it crashes.

one test you can do, is make a sub folder on the avatar panel, move all your characters in your custom folder into the sub folder - so when you switch to that panel, iclone has no icons to have to refresh / display.

it's a strange / unusual error, but it will cause the software to crash if iclone is bombarded with hundreds of icons to refresh when displaying your custom items.

If you have a huge library of assets, organizing your libraries so that nothing shows in your custom content area when you click on that panel will increase stability and how fast you can switch between panels.

ie - you click on avatar - first thing you see is subfolders called something like "Daz characters" - "iclone freebies" - "my custom characters" breaking up your library into smaller chunks of like 25 assets per folder- so iclone isn't bombarded with 300 icons to update.

I hope this helps,

Cheers! Smile

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Fantasy-Raider
Fantasy-Raider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)

Wow! thank you so much for that and it does makes sense to split them up into small libraries because often as not, i know what I need before even turning on the software.
(My brain is bursting with ideas lol)

So.... that will be my first bit of iClone house work.

But .... I only wished I had a huge library full of characters, causing the computer to crash ... but soon ... i will! Tongue

I did spend a long time last night downloading freebies though ... that clever artist 'shy girl' kept me busy I can tell you .... and anything I could find with animals (cartoon or realistic) I downloaded too ..... so maybe I have overloaded the laptop?

Ooooh I hope so!w00t

Note to myself: I need more horses ... must get horses!

Thank you so much for your help and could i ask one more question?
Would it be easier to add the custom avatar's etc to iClones directory, so that it shows up on the file tab instead of custom... or would that make it even worse?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

nah, leave the base libraries alone - they will get full over time too since most freebies will download into that section anyways - in fact if you download enough freebies from the marketplace, it may even be wise to organize that section also.

I find that organizing them in categories where I got them from, helps me remember where things are located quickly - ie - that file I downloaded from that obscure site that I forgot the name ....I'll have a folder called obscure site - with "that" prop in it. lol

Fantasy-Raider
Fantasy-Raider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Well, I tried everything you said, I even slimmed it down to the bare-bone it was downloaded as and still i get the error.

Looks like i shall have to reinstall.

I read somewhere that you only get 5 installs unless you do it online and it get credited?
What does that mean ... on my members page? ... Download from there?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

smart move on re-install - at the very least will help narrow down what it could be - also update your video drivers just in case, as that's also on the troubleshooting checklist.

and yes on the installs - when online the installer will contact the RL servers to issue the credit. it's also a precaution vs someone stealing serial numbers - so if you by chance came across an issue, the RL support team will help sort it out.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Fantasy-Raider
Fantasy-Raider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you again, I told you I would be nuisance didn't I? Tongue

I have copied the new, organised custom library on to my external HD, so it is already exactly how I want it to return to after the fresh install.
So a simple case of swapping them back off my external HD and back onto the software.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

while it's good to have a back up of your assets, the uninstall just removes the software.

Don't worry about being a nuisance, that's how I started lol Wink

Fantasy-Raider
Fantasy-Raider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Yeah, i did notice that all my stuff was there after UN-installing but I deleted them too because, well i figured if there was a corrupted file, i didn't want it to come with me ... if you know what i mean. Smile

Also, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to backups .. i tend to make 3 backups of everything ... just in case.
That means I own 2x1TB and 1 x 1.5TB externals,
1x 64 gb, 1x32gb, 1x16gb and ooodles of 8 & 16gb flash drives,
not forgetting the old HD's out of 2 vaio's and a Acer (Ferrarri) ... yep! OCD for sure :
cool:

(And i NEVER throw anything away) w00t

Reading This Topic