getting ready to start adding content

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
What is the procedure for uploading the content?

Can I also include additional files like a .fla file for other developers to buy and modify to create their own characters?

If not can I at least add a coupon so that people who buy for example one of my multidimensional props can go to my site and claim a complimentary copy of the source file if they wan to do custom modifications to it?

What about personal coupons. Say there's a member like animinister who gave me the idea to create a few biblical style clothing items. I'd like to give him a free copy when when available.

Am I able to add non CTA items like my puppet producer plugin for flash?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
You need the content uploader software - http://developer.reallusion.com/submit.aspx

The uploader is self explanatory as to what can be uploaded and it's limitations - everything is by selection so you can't just upload any file format not included in the uploader.

some of the procedures are explained in the developer section -
http://developer.reallusion.com/

On the coupons, none that I know of, I believe that's a perk that is exclusive to RL at this time, you may want to drop an email to support, just to say hi and get any further information not available on the basic website - although I'm sure others who specialize in the CTA2 content can answer these questions, it's always good to have a direct contact with the company as a developer. sometimes you may have an idea that none have done before and the team at RL may like it and help implement it.

Also - there is a feature that none that i know of have used, you can sell blog posts - you can be creative with this and charge a subscription to your own links - offer VIP club service and such, something worth looking into if you want to creatively sell things that can't be otherwise sold regularly in the shop - food for thought.

Best wishes with your shop, I know you will do great!! Cool

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. i spent about 2 hours yesterday trying to figure it out.

What I'm thinking of doing is releasing a series of high quality base characters but the options are going to be limited for a while in terms of clothing items and features etc. Since these models are completely different than the basic RL ones all the costumes and props that were designed for those are not really going to work well or are going to look cheesy on them in therms of style and proper fit.

So as an option I guess I can set up some of those blog posts to allow developers to purchase the source files to those characters in case they want to develop items that are compatible with them. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of demand for clothing items and costumes, especially with Halloween coming up, perhaps alternate looks like werewolf, vampire, zombie versions of these. I wouldn't have the time to do all that hahaha. So I'm hoping i will gather some interested developers to create to build on top of my base models and release their own materials.

"Sneak Peek"

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Attachments
Billy2.gif (1.7K views, 981.00 KB)
Billy-Poster.png (1.7K views, 37.00 KB)
Edited
10 Years Ago by toontitan
TGL
TGL
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
AWESOME TT!!!!
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Reallusion just got a new super talented developer in their corner!! Woot!! BigGrin

vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Great Job ! Cool

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Very nice work Smile

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Amazing, wish I was as talented at flash character creation.Cool Reminds me of MJ when he was with TJ5.WinkBigGrinw00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

Reading This Topic