Iclone - Cry Engine Pipeline

Posted By prabhatM 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am curious if anybody has played around with CryEngine (www.cryengine.com ) with Iclone Assets and Animations ! I would love to have some feedback.
Graear
Graear
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
The animation pipeline for Cryengine is a nightmare. FBX import is limited to Static Meshes only except for the built in facial stuff. Which I've found to be super buggy *At Best*. You'll need 3DSMax or Maya to get animations into it. Along with the supporting Cryengine Plugins for those apps. Even then, finding the content you just imported is screwy. I switched over to Unreal Engine 4. The pipeline is much smoother and imports FBX with facial animations as well if you select "Import Morph Targets". I think it looks a little better as well. One thing of note, while UE4 doesn't have a limit on the polygon count you can import, it doesn't like high poly DAZ models. They take a long while to import. My advice is to jump off the Cryengine boat until they get away from the horrible pipeline they have and try out UE4.
Edited
10 Years Ago by Graear
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks for the feedback.

Reading This Topic