Posted By Rampa 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Smile
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 34 minutes ago
My first hint:

The "HumanIK" skeleton can be mapped using the HumanIK setting in 3DXchange.
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Yes, that works well.

It's funny though that the provided HumanIK T-pose does not work correctly: the figure gets all twisted.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I was going to play with this last night , ended up arguing instead...

How far have you got with the facial bones .?

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
10 Years Ago by bluemidget666
GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have found using the "basic.json" rig with 73 bones (including jaw bone) gives me a better result than the "humanik.json", especially if you want to use the facial puppeteering panel in iClone.

Even though you have to map the bones individually, it moves right along & funtions well once imported into iClone.

I did find that if you don't want the character to go "wonky" in iClone, you must manually adjust the characters T-pose in 3dXchange first (unclick the "active" box in the bone mapping panel, adjust the bones to reflect a true T-pose, then click the "active" box, then convert) to accurately reflect the iClone T-pose, then you don't get the "twisted wonkiness" when brought into iClone.

You can also take an extra step & import the Make Human fbx into 3dsmax and replace the rig with the G5 rig, then you can export directly as a G5 avatar instead of non-standard human (but it seems to be easier to just create the character in 3ds max altogether if you have that SW & are familiar with the process & want G5 versus non-standard).

You can use the "Make Target" to bring .obj items made in zbrush, mudbox, blender, etc., into Make Human.... just make sure you have previous aligned them to the proper axis.  

This is just what I have found that works - it may not be optimum for everyone, but seems to work the best for me....  If any of y'all have found better methodologies, please share!  Knowledge is always a beautiful thing!

Have a super day, everyone BigGrin

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Edited
10 Years Ago by GrannyJ
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

It seems that the in-built weighting of the mesh does not lend itself well to a male t-pose. The topology shift when the Male/Female slider is used causes enough change that the armpits need re-weighting.

This seems to hold true for either the high-resolution mesh, or one of the topologies.

Here's my "Fire Fairy" that I'll be releasing soon. Just finishing up some visemes.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampa
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

How are you re doing your weights ? And have you usd the new facial rig with this character.

Cheers

Edited
10 Years Ago by bluemidget666
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For females, I find I don't need to re-weight anything. I have not tried to fix a male weighting yet, as it's not something I really want to deal with.

I am using the new face rig. It's alpha, so it's a bit wonky. It also feels "different-to-be-different". For instance, the eyebrow bones are connected sequentially from the outside in. The jaw and chin don't have a common parent just to themselves, so opening the mouth is a two bone rotation affair (and the bones are crooked to another, for added joy! Tongue )
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm developing a work flow with make human, carrara and poser as we speak.

my hint contribution to the thread - do the rigging step, then open the jaw just a little bit, when you convert - it will save the jaw in that pose, export the obj with the open jaw to make your own viseme face morphs.

rampa, your character reminds me of a race in gw2, the sylvari - if you ever need inspiration for new character ideas, google images: guildwars2 - really cool stuff, and they have so much armor and diversity, it's mind boggling! - some of the best artists in the biz Smile

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Exporting your model to Blender via MHX is quite useful. My fire fairy is a dual-layer avatar. It makes the face count of the body double, but it allows for way more than using the "Blend" channel. In fact, you get all the channels, so you get "decals" with normals, opacities, etc. And the blend too if you want.
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Rampa

What do you mean by duel layered ?

Reading This Topic