Profile Picture

Material adjustment in 3Dxchange for DAZ Genesis

Posted By cimjd 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
deeds0l
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Thanks for the solution I tried using the material Cricky shared and it worked. The only problem I have now is that since I used a texture atlas for my characted in DAZ the UV does not exactly match the material that Cricket gave because of the tile size and offset. So I have to fiddle around with the material offset and tiling settings. Is there a way to easily see if the UV mapping for my eyelashes would match a materials UV? I am having a hard time guessing the proper tiling for my eyelashes by just basing it on looks. I am getting the upper eyelash but it is hard to perfectly match it so that the lower lash would be mapped correctly.
Attachments
withmaterial.png (85 views, 429.00 KB)
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you export the character from 3DXS and load it into iClone, you can then select the Skin tab and access the various textures.

There is an option UV Ref to export the UV references, which you can then view in a graphics editor.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

deeds0l
deeds0l
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)

I opened the UV reference using photoshop but is there a way I could change the UV mapping?
Attachments
Untitled-1.png (43 views, 77.00 KB)
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I'm no expert in these matters, but you cannot change it in iClone or 3DXchange unfortunately.

The best place would be within DAZ before exporting the model, but I don't know if that is possible.

(Lots of things I don't know...Unsure )

The only other alternative is to make those changes in an external program, but that would make things quite complicated.

Hopefully someone will have a better answer.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

deeds0l
deeds0l
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ok thanks for now the only solution I have is to adjust the tiling and offset in iclone manually by just how it looks. I hope somebody has a better solution.

Reading This Topic