Making a tunnel

Posted By KenCoon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
A little background.
Roger Wiley sees a bright reflection while driving across the desert and goes to see if it was an old gold mine. He enters and falls down a slide to another world.
I only need a short tunnel that can turn once to cut out the light and then
I can pick up the action in the other world. I am using Earth Sculptor to make the worlds and thought that maybe it would help me with the tunnel. So far the only thing I have found is making a hole down like in a volcano.
Any suggestions besides buy one in the content store?
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
you may want to use sculprtis for that. http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

way's I've done tunnels in the past was to simply grab a premade pipe - like the pipe that comes with iclone - increase the resolution and size, then use sculptris to add the imperfections - the rest of the details can be done with textures, bump and specular maps. You can do the same with the earth sculptor mesh.......for example, simply model the basic outline of your terrain, add the large volcano.....then bring the mesh into sculptris and add the details, such as holes and caves. Smile

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Thanks. I have Sculptris on the computer now.
KenSmile
I also found a cave in iClone however, I don't seem to be able to enter it. It goes in and turns to the left but that is it.
I tried to walk in but the cameras and everything stop at the door of the cave.
I think if I make a cut from one scene where he begins to enter a cave and then the next thing he is inside it, I won't need a cave as it will appear that he is in one.
KenSmile
Edited
10 Years Ago by Kencoon7
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Rampa provided a free tunnel prop in this post. He also posted a video of it here. Cool

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Christy0
Christy0
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hope this might help.
A little project using Rampas great Tunnel. Smile
Tunnel_Path00.zip

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9080617-e063-46e7-ad69-a9c8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f125ca23-2f9f-40dc-b6cd-d1a8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5dd533e-e6d4-4ee9-9a17-91da.png

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That showed me how to do it. Now I figure I can do it. I sort of had the idea that it didn't need to be closed as long as I kept the camera shots in a direction that didn't show the openings.
thanks.
KenSmile
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I made this spaceship corridor type of thing in Sketchup. they have a free version that you can use and it's very easy to use and learn. It's just a matter of creating one section of the tunnel and replicate in a bunch of times to make it as long as you needed to be.

http://youtu.be/TV1YYvlk0Vc

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks. I am keeping all of this written down. (If I can just remember where I put it.
Thanks again.
KenSmile

Reading This Topic