Different Scene-different Problem

Posted By KenCoon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
This one is supposed to be driving in a car through the desert.
I found the Desert and a Car interior and put those together.
To make it move I created and Avatar and a path. I have him following the path. The problem is that the avatar moves through the desert but the car and the scenery stay put. The Avatar gets in front of the car he is supposed to be in. (He could get run over that way.)
Is there a trick to using these templates to make this animation?
thanks for the help.
KenSmile
Also noticed that when I changed the frame range the avatar slimmed way down for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjEJosqBORM&feature=youtu.be
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You need to have the camera move, either by following a path or attached to an object moving/following a path.

Here's a quick example that I set up using the desert and car overlay. I added a path to the desert, had a box, set as a dummy, follow the path and attached a camera to the box.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Thanks.
That will work. Now I have the beginning of Scene one of the book.
(I wrote the book too.)
KenSmile
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Ken: Smile

Think of building your scene in layers. As an example... in your monster walk video you had a number of problems, monster didn't walk, he didn't face forward on the path, etc. I watch my scenes over and over looking for anything that bothers me about it. (Drives my wife crazy Tongue )

I then attempt to fix each problem one at a time. I would have started with the path direction problem first. Once fixed, I would move on to the 'walking' motion. With these two major problems solved I will watch again to see what stands out as a hurdle I have to jump. I keep it up until I have each 'bugger' sorted out. (I suspect you've be watching the path and foot sliding tutes. If not you will. Tongue )

Also keep a folder with tutes you've watched so that they are easy to locate. It'll save you a lot of looking when you're stuck for an answer but you know you've seen a video about it at one point in the past. Wink

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
10 Years Ago by peterblood
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Which car is that? I haven't been able to locate a good car interior.
Thanks,
TS
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
It's not a car, it's an image layer. You can find it under Stage>Image Layer.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Gerry. No wonder I couldn't find it in the market place. Tongue
TS
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Pete- I have the folder on my desktop and keep forgetting to put the tutorials in it. (Old age) Mt problems seem to be getting fixed a lot more these days or else my fingers are learning what to do.
I have 2 projects going at one time. I don't really have a cartoon but my son checks in every now and then to see what I am doing. He may get interested someday.
The book one is the main one. I have learned how to follow the path and how to get the scene with the car moving through the desert.
If I can ever get my truck (a 1990 VIVA) put in the iClone5 from Sculptris I may make a scene with a pickup truck driving along a road in the desert. Until then I will use the template that I used on the other video.
I am not getting overconfident. There is a long way to go. I still need to learn lighting, some effects, talking, how to make a short lived shinning light like a reflection off a piece of something far away, and loads more including cameras and animation.
I am also making the Frontal stuff like title and storyline for the beginning of the film. I am doing the last part on Pinnacle17 ( another program to learn).
I am keeping busy so I won't have time to die soon.
KenSmile

Reading This Topic