First Scene started

Posted By KenCoon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I finally got a scene put together with many problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34rYf2t0QB4&feature=youtu.be
there were signs on the buildings on the left but somehow they came loose and appear to be chasing the monster toward the end.
I cannot get the monster to turn like the real people.
There are many other problems but those seem to be bothering me the most right now.
This is not a part of any of the projects I have been wanting to do but I used it to learn to make something.
I also am not familiar with codecs. Are those important right now?
KenSmile
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Very impressive, Ken, considering you've only been using iClone for 5 minutesSmile

1) I see you have iClone stock Monster Following a Path OK. You now need to have him on the correct Axis, usually -Y & give him a Walk Forward Motion.

2) When you applied the Shop-front Signs you probably didn't apply them at Frame 1. Look at their relevant Timeline Transform keys. Select the one with the correct position & delete the rest & drag it to Frame 1.

3) Your Clip is a bit blurred. Go to Export Tab & Select AVI / HD 720p (1280 X 720). Use that for Editing Projects. I also have my PC Monitor Screen set to the same. Makes for easier Editing, here.

It depends what your final Export for Upload to Youtube/Vimeo is & Import into your Video Editing Program & Export from that, as to which Video CODEC you use. 

I Upload to Vimeo in WMV HD 720p 1280 X 720 @ 25fps. So - I export from iClone with that & Import into My NLE Program with that & Export from my NLE with that.

Anyone-else?   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I looked for the -Y direction and didn't find it. I kept getting the edit path screen.
What is an NLE?
I didn't have the timeline showing when I put the signs up. I just put things into the scene and adjusted them.
I did use the Parent choice and put them to the buildings but I then checked NONE in the choices box. I probably should have chose the one for do everything. I was not sure if that would keep them in place or not.
I should get better in another 5 minutes. Just need to keep watching videos and pressing buttons. I am thinking about going to Vimeo.
KenSmile
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 30 minutes ago
What Colour refers to is the selection of the Axis where you tell the Monster to follow the path. See the image below.  

First you create the path. Then you select your character and select Pick Path. The next step is to check Follow Path and select a Follow Axis, usually -Y for a forward motion.

For exporting you used a very low resolution. You should aim at 1280x720 as Colour suggests. You set the resolution as part of the export settings.

An NLE is a non-linear editor, which is another term for a video editor. Usually, we split an iClone project up in manageable scenes of a about one minute length. These get rendered separately and are then put together in a video editor.

For quality purposes it is best to render in iClone without using any codecs. This is either uncompressed AVI, as Colour suggests, or as a PNG image sequence, which is the way I do it.

You then edit everything with the highest possible quality in the video editor and then at the very end when you render the complete movie you decide on compression. This is usually WMV or MP4. I use MP4 as this is what YouTube recommends and what gives me the best quality.

For short tests I often render directly in iClone into MP4, which is one of the options. 

Whether you go with YouTube or Vimeo is a matter of personal preference. I believe Vimeo has certain monthly quota for what you can publish unless you become a premium member. I like YouTube, because it gives me better exposure and also provides viewing statistics, which I find helpful to see what worked and what didn't.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
animagic (8/29/2014)

...and select a Follow Axis, usually -Y for a forward motion.

Ah yes,  "Negative Y" to go forward.

This is why we love computer programmers.  Wink

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The sequence I was using to follow the path didn't show that screen. It changed immediately to the edit path one and didn't give me those options. I am going to try again today to see if I can get things working. I have a saved copy of the scene so I can go from there. I sort of planned for something to go wrong and it seems it did.
Thanks for all the help.
KenSmile

Reading This Topic