Profile Picture

Animation Pipeline: Pocket Pets and Toon Animals?

Posted By jsinger 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jsinger
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Toon Frog, Toon Mouse and the Pocket Pet combo won't accept regular iMotion motion files. After searching extensively I can't find any documentation or description(s) instructing me how this is done. Pocket Pets advertise as "iMotion Ready". They currently only accept very few Pose motions and this is far from what I intended to use them for. I'm surprised that they don't ship (download) with explicit instructions for motion implementation and use. Maybe I missed something but it shouldn't be this hard.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
i don't have those products, but by logic I'm guessing what could possibly fix it -

try opening the characters in pipeline, then converting them to a non-standard character - retarget the bones then save a new instance of your file.

This issue sounds like the motions that work, are targeting specific named bones - where as the regular iclone motions look for a different set of names that don't exist unless you do the retarget routine in 3DX5 pipeline.

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

Hi ,

You didn't say whether you're familiar with, capable of or work using abilities that understand opening the characters in pipeline, then converting them to a non-standard character - retarget the bones then save a new instance etc etc etc so............... coupled with the fact that you should never have to go through so much crap for a basic result which should have come initially with the installed characters.

I'll assume you don't BigGrin and talk in the first diagnostic logical stage.

I just ran tests here and every motion system seems to work fine with the mice.
Something isn't sitting where it should your end.
As a stupid suggestion I'd recommend reinstalling the packs or, if IClone has issues with motion, test the motion systems out on other avatars and see what happens.

The mice should animate perfectly, if they do not, find out which side of the fence the problem lays by testing the motion files out on other avatars.

If the other avatars work fine with the motions, the issue is with the mice.
If the other avatars don't animate either, the issue is with iClone itself.

Armstrong.

iClonia.com           iCloneTutorials.com         iClonia Blog

Edited
10 Years Ago by Armstrong

Reading This Topic