Profile Picture

Limited content available for Mac?

Posted By Chequer 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Chequer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I've had a good scout through the website but I cannot find out if it is possible to access additional resources for CrazyTalk Animator 2 for Mac. The list that comes up seems to be solely geared towards presentations.

Is it possible to life the Windows resources somehow so I can have the additional props, characters, motions, scenes?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
All the available CTA2 content packs for Mac can be found HERE.

It is possible to use Windows CTA content with Macs, however you will need to have a version of CTA2 for Windows installed so you can install the content packs. Then you can manually copy the files over to your Mac version.

We do hope to have more native Mac content packs available soon.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Stubacca
Stubacca
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)

I can't understand this. If it is as simple as copying files over to a Mac from CTA Win, why isn't this content available on the store for the Mac version. I especially need the vehicle and scene packs from G1. VERY DISAPPOINTING !!!!!!Crying
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Hi..

Previously to CTA2 for Mac we only had a Windows version of CTA1 which is why many of the older content packs are for Windows users only. However we are looking at bringing more content packs to Mac users in the near future.

In the meantime I will pass your comments to our sales and content teams. Hopefully we can improve on this soon and make older CTA1 content available to both Windows and Mac users.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

d.vlp
d.vlp
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

I second that, quit disappointed with the mac content. also why no illustrator template?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

d.vlp (8/15/2014)
I second that, quit disappointed with the mac content. also why no illustrator template?

New mac content is coming towards to end of the month. This will includes some older CTA1 content that is being repacked for Mac users.

As to why no Illustrator template, well Flash was used to create the characters you find in CTA2 so that was an obvious choice, and DrawPlus because it is an affordable software that is within reach of anyone who doesn't own or want to pay a lot more for Flash.

Obviously in an ideal world we would have templates for all drawing packages but time constraints make that unrealistic I'm afraid. However you can use illustrator to create all the assets required for the Sprite Replacement method of character creation.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

d.vlp
d.vlp
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

True, i'm doing the sprite replace method now. But it's very time consuming. I hope the content packs contain motions. And that leads to the next question how to import emotions on a mac? i bought pipeline for that but everything i tried doesn't work Sad
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

d.vlp (8/19/2014)
True, i'm doing the sprite replace method now. But it's very time consuming. I hope the content packs contain motions. And that leads to the next question how to import emotions on a mac? i bought pipeline for that but everything i tried doesn't work Sad

To be able to import iClone iMotion files you will need to have a copy of iClone installed on a Windows PC or a Mac with Bootcamp. Then you can use the import option to apply the animations to your character in CTA2.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

d.vlp
d.vlp
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I have a virtual box running with iclone an a trail vervain of cta 2 but it just crashes.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

d.vlp (8/23/2014)
I have a virtual box running with iclone an a trail vervain of cta 2 but it just crashes.

iClone5 does not support any kind of virtual machine software so you will encounter problems if you try and use VirtualBox.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic