Profile Picture

I can't import an actor from CrazyTalk 7 to CrazyTalk Animator 2 (Mac)

Posted By Tedito 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I can't import an actor from CrazyTalk 7 to CrazyTalk Animator 2 (Mac)...

Author
Tedito
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago

After using CrazyTalk 7 (Mac version) and thoroughly enjoying it, I bought CrazyTalk Animator 2 the moment it came out for the Mac thinking that I could import the characters and their scripts from CrazyTalk 7. Alas, I have been unable to do this.

I have looked through all the tutorials and forum posts and have not found a method that works. For example, I tried "Adding" an Actor in CrazyTalk 7 and then dragging it into CrazyTalk Animator 2 and all I get is a "Load File Fail" error message.

Is there a way to import an existing Actor from CT7 to CTA2 such that I don't lose the facial animation and the script that I have previously worked so hard to generate?

Thanks for your help.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Are you ready for this super news? CTA2 and CT7 are not compatible. Not in any way whatsoever. If you wanted to use CrazyTalk with CrazyTalk Animator 2, you have to use CrazyTalk version 6. Isn't that just swell that RL cannot make their programs compatible with their own latest versions? Which is really super duper when you consider CT7 was released way before CTA2 by, and you'd think the developers would've included compatibility with the most current versions, but nope. Not so.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 17 minutes ago
Tedito (8/17/2014)

After using CrazyTalk 7 (Mac version) and thoroughly enjoying it, I bought CrazyTalk Animator 2 the moment it came out for the Mac thinking that I could import the characters and their scripts from CrazyTalk 7. Alas, I have been unable to do this.

I have looked through all the tutorials and forum posts and have not found a method that works. For example, I tried "Adding" an Actor in CrazyTalk 7 and then dragging it into CrazyTalk Animator 2 and all I get is a "Load File Fail" error message.

Is there a way to import an existing Actor from CT7 to CTA2 such that I don't lose the facial animation and the script that I have previously worked so hard to generate?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Tedito,

CrazyTalk Animator 2 can import characters and scripts from CrazyTalk Animator 1 directly, but it does not import models from CrazyTalk 7 due to the different file formats used. You can of course use the same source photo used in CT7 to create the model in CTA2 itself. This normally only takes a minute or two.

You can however import your custom CrazyTalk 7 voice scripts. Just go to File > Import Animation (CTRL+I) and then navigate to your custom CT7 voice scripts folder below.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\CrazyTalk7 Custom\Voice Script

Now initially it won't recognise the *.ct7script extension, but if you type *.* in the File Name box and then press "Enter", you will see the scripts listed. Just select one and click "Open" to apply it to your CTA2 character.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic