Finally.....Pinhead Returns....coming Soon

Posted By Alley 10 Years Ago
Rated 4.1 stars based on 18 votes.
Author
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
                                           ANOTHER TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE:

The first Awards Show now showing; http://www.pinheadhq.com/welcome.php

No iClone then. It was created using Pinhead's original 2D Image, CrazyTalk & AnimationFactory Characters. 

Thanks for the memory, Brian. I remember it like yesterday. Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 30 minutes ago
Hmm, I just happened to look at the Pinhead Project Signup page (for Kidnapped) but don't see my name there. Angry
I guess because I signed up at the last minute and the list never got updated. Crying

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

"jlittle (7/29/2014)
Hmm, I just happened to look at the Pinhead Project Signup page (for Kidnapped) but don't see my name there. Angry
I guess because I signed up at the last minute and the list never got updated. Crying
"

No worries, Jeff.Smile

Brian usually eventually updates & completes the Signup Page with all names & submissions.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
colour (7/29/2014)
                                           ANOTHER TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE:

The first Awards Show now showing; http://www.pinheadhq.com/welcome.php

No iClone then. It was created using Pinhead's original 2D Image, CrazyTalk & AnimationFactory Characters. 

Thanks for the memory, Brian. I remember it like yesterday. Smile

The "assignment" of that first project was to show people where we were from. 

We sure have gone a long ways, haven't we?  What a growth in production quality.

It was fun reliving some of the inside jokes that kept us busy on the forums.  (Spurtle... stolen canoe... flashlights and batteries... etc.)

It was especially fun seeing the excerpts from the clips (starting around 10:20).

I still remember the surprise and thrill when I got second place.  Once they got past the 4th place winner, I had resigned myself to not winning anything.  Look at the monster you created.  Years later, here I am, still a rabid Pinhead fan!!!  Smile  My family still references that horrible escalator accident at the end of my clip (at 17:42).

Wow!  KFDaddy's winning entry (at 18:45) really passes the test of time.  It is still fun to watch, and very well done even by today's standards.  Congratulations again.

Since that first entry, I've won a couple additional awards... but those are the exceptions.  However, I have NEVER left a project empty handed.  Learning more about the tools and storytelling, enjoying everyone's clips, and making new friends.  Every Pinhead project has been a wonderful experience.

Thanks again for the flashback.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

jlittle (7/29/2014)

At least you got your entry submitted (before mine, showoff), and it was included in the voting.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

justaviking (7/30/2014)
At least you got your entry submitted (before mine, showoff), and it was included in the voting.
Yea, just barely in time. I think the clip was still uploading as I submitted my entry info at the last second.

Yes, it was in the voting which is what really mattered.

justaviking
I have NEVER left a project empty handed.  Learning more about the tools and storytelling, enjoying everyone's clips, and making new friends.  Every Pinhead project has been a wonderful experience.
Yes, I second that.

Next time I will hopefully get an earlier start and hope that work won't take too much of my time as it did this time.

Jeff

Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!

Alley
Alley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Hi all,

Please do not have any concerns if your name is not on the sign-up page. Brian is aware now and may have already fixed that, but it had no impact on anything - sorry about that.

The awards show is very close to completion. Smile

Alley

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Alley,

No concern. Just pointing out an omission.

Jeff

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Alley (7/30/2014)
Hi all,

The awards show is very close to completion. Smile

Oooo... exciting.

It is a black tie affair again, isn't it?

I better pick up my tux from the drycleaners today.  I'll make sure my wife gets her diamonds cleaned so they sparkle in the bright lights.  When the camera pans across the audience, we want to fit in with the rest of the glitterati.

I don't have a red carpet at home.  Hmm, I wonder if a series of green screens (from Pinacle Studio purchases) would be an adequate substitute?

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

"Alley (7/30/2014)
Hi all,

Please do not have any concerns if your name is not on the sign-up page. Brian is aware now and may have already fixed that, but it had no impact on anything - sorry about that.

The awards show is very close to completion. Smile"

Buckets of popcorn at the ready, then Wink

Or crates of beer, if you're that way inclined.

Pilsner for Robert, Guinness for Gerry.............

"

Reading This Topic