Best Face Fitting from a Photo

Posted By brothertcoleman 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
My apologies for misunderstanding. Praise redacted, I guess......Wink
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
sw00000p (7/28/2014)
This does NOT mean, "I created THESE images!"

Sen
Sen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello ,

@Rampa : this template are from 3dsk Wink .
http://www.3d.sk/

edit : no seen , Sw0000p gave this info on the last page Smile

CGTRADER

Edited
10 Years Ago by Sen
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
sw00000p (7/28/2014)
theschemer (7/26/2014)
Swooooooop,
What version of Photoshop is a minimum to be useful? I don't mind buying it if I can find a less expensive older version at least for now.
Thanks,
schemer

CS2 will do this, but doesn't have new features like (Puppet Warp nor 3D).
I no nothing about gimp, other than it's free.

Ok great, that works for me. I also found that I can get PS rather cheap (CS5) by buying a used pc with it already installed. So that would work too if I wanted to save some $$ and the right deal comes along with hopefully an upgradeable hardware setup. BigGrin
Thanks,
schemer
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

or you can get photoshop elements - which has most of the basic tools you would need from photoshop - http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-65225054-Photoshop-Elements-12/dp/B00EOQZB0A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406574446&sr=8-2&keywords=photoshop

or you can get paintshop pro - which is easier to use and looks just as good as photoshop, plus the ultimate version comes with facefilter and another kool software bundled - and takes most of the photoshop plug ins - http://www.corel.com

or you can get the gimp which is like photoshop, but not really, but it's free so play along! - http://www.gimp.org/

or you can learn the essence of the concept and stop 'thinking' that only one software can do it - since many softwares can do gradients, and layers! That's what bruce lee would have done!
\Crazy/

the more i learn 3D the more i see its one huge classical mess, this is where reallusion can clean up!

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

i just made this real quick with a google search and paintshop pro - nothing fancy. - I purposefully didn't touch it up, so you could see the layers / uncleaned version of the concept and technique - which is NOT exclusive to photoshop.

1 get a profile pic - 1st layer
2 flip the profile pic horizontally - 2nd layer
3 get a front face pic - 3rd layer

4 resize the layers and position them to be relative to make one head.
5 Start erasing the layers at around 30 percent opacity so you can grade them into each other - erase what is not needed - stretch and fill what needs to be filled.
6 merge the layers
7 start softening and smudging the lines @ around 20 percent opacity, till no layer lines show and all layers look like one image.

done

*you can also give her a mustache, a nose ring, and a facial tatoo with this technique! w00t

keywords to this technique - layers, gradients ( with eraser ) and smudging/softening / stretching - any software that allows that, does this.

also, as swoop pointed out, you want a image ref of your uv - after you are done with your edited facial image - resize it to be same size as uv image - then place your uv image over it as a layer - make it transparent - finish tweaking your wrap to the uv reference.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

planetstardragon (7/28/2014)
or you can get photoshop elements - which has most of the basic tools you would need from photoshop - http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-65225054-Photoshop-Elements-12/dp/B00EOQZB0A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406574446&sr=8-2&keywords=photoshop

or you can get paintshop pro - which is easier to use and looks just as good as photoshop, plus the ultimate version comes with facefilter and another kool software bundled - and takes most of the photoshop plug ins - http://www.corel.com

or you can get the gimp which is like photoshop, but not really, but it's free so play along! - http://www.gimp.org/

or you can learn the essence of the concept and stop 'thinking' that only one software can do it - since many softwares can do gradients, and layers! That's what bruce lee would have done!
\Crazy/

the more i learn 3D the more i see its one huge classical mess, this is where reallusion can clean up!

Yo PSD,
I already have PSP Ultimate. Wink I don't have Adobe Elements and that looks like a nice affordable solution if it does some things that I can't already do. The more I learn 3D the more I agree with you where you once told me I will run into some road blocks that could make a grown man cry. w00t I am not crying yet but have started to see what you meant by that for sure.
TS
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

theschemer (7/28/2014)

\Crazy/

Yo PSD,
I already have PSP Ultimate. Wink I don't have Adobe Elements and that looks like a nice affordable solution if it does some things that I can't already do. The more I learn 3D the more I agree with you where you once told me I will run into some road blocks that could make a grown man cry. w00t I am not crying yet but have started to see what you meant by that for sure.
TS

PSD,
I like that little tutorial here. I think I have found that sometimes (most of the time), the people I want in my video's are people I know, but maybe wouldn't want to pose for pics for me to use in my video. In other words, they will get a laugh, but they will also be surprised at the same time. So with images that are just random pics at gatherings, they don't always work so good (and can make a man cry). BigGrin But I do have some people that I know that will pose so I need to work with them while I learn.
Thanks,
TS
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

you can actually mix and match pictures with that technique - so if someone doesn't give you a profile but you have a good faceshot - you can grab someone elses profile pic off the net and fill in the blanks...what's important is understanding the technique ....not focusing on photoshop. ( look not at the finger .....) - swoop has a habit of making it look like only the software he uses can do what he does - makes me wonder if he actually understands the concepts he talks about Ermm

once you learn photo-editing skills you will be able to do a lot with images

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

you can actually mix and match pictures with that technique - so if someone doesn't give you a profile but you have a good faceshot - you can grab someone elses profile pic off the net and fill in the blanks...what's important is understanding the technique ....not focusing on photoshop. ( look not at the finger .....) - swoop has a habit of making it look like only the software he uses can do what he does - makes me wonder if he actually understands the concepts he talks about Ermm

once you learn photo-editing skills you will be able to do a lot with images

Great, I was thinking the profile could be used from another pic but wasn't sure. I thought of it when I seen your pic of Marylin as the profile parts didn't quite match the face but probably due to makeup. I originally got Photoshop Version 1 (I think) when I bought an overpriced scanner when they were fairly new items. It came with the scanner for FREE. I was so excited. But I think the price was really high even way back then as it was a $300 value. I actually use PaintShop Pro version 7 for quick and easy stuff as that is the one I always used and it was the last version before Corel bought out Jasc. I have newer versions and PSP X6 Ultimate the latest. I get accused of "Photoshopping" a lot. Tongue
TS

Reading This Topic