Profile Picture

CTA 2 no longer supports Body Photo Fitting!!

Posted By woestyn101 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theschemer
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I wish they left it in or can put it back in too. For some reason I always expect the new version to add to the original interface and not remove anything. Now we can always use both versions but it would be easier to just use the latest greatest and do it all.
woestyn101
woestyn101
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The "body photo fitting" was the reason I bought CTA1. Everybody has different needs but right now I will have to stay with CTA1 because it fulfills my need better than CTA2. i agree that it doesn't make sense to take a feature away instead of adding to the previous version.
Edited
11 Years Ago by woestyn101
InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
woestyn101 (12/18/2013)
. i agree that it doesn't make sense to take a feature away instead of adding to the previous version.

+1
adambrannon
adambrannon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (252 reputation)Senior Member (252 reputation)Senior Member (252 reputation)Senior Member (252 reputation)Senior Member (252 reputation)Senior Member (252 reputation)Senior Member (252 reputation)Senior Member (252 reputation)Senior Member (252 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
woestyn101 (12/18/2013)
The "body photo fitting" was the reason I bought CTA1. Everybody has different needs but right now I will have to stay with CTA1 because it fulfills my need better than CTA2. i agree that it doesn't make sense to take a feature away instead of adding to the previous version.

I know it would be a 2-step process but, am I correct in assuming you can create the character in CTA1 using the Body Photo Fitting and use it in CTA2 to gain the advantage of the new animating features?? I am a newbie to the software (just purchased less than a month ago, haven't installed CTA2 yet).
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I was able to body fit in CTA1 and bring characters to CTA2 with the functions of Cta2 but I have to tweek a lot in composer .

The main issue I have is what is posted by someone else ,all the CTA1 characters I made have the problem pictured below (masking)even after using my external editor to insure a clean mask.

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
11 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
HVause
HVause
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
The most common complaint we got with CTA1 was that the old Photo Body Fitting was too complicated, fiddly and it was hard to get good results.

Hmmm... so wouldn't it have been more progressive to streamline the function, rather than remove it altogether? Or even to have separated it out into a standalone app... kind of "BodyTalk: CrazyTalk Plus".

Purchased CTA2 believing that Body Photo Fitting was one of its' key features, misled by Reallusion tutorials on YouTube. Have really enjoyed working with CrazyTalk7 for Mac - wonderfully intuitive and versatile - and was so looking forward to extending to full body animations. Had planned a number of projects at the school where I teach Creative Technology.

There's a place for CTA2's Sprite-based animation, but for my current workload as a professional animator (working on non-humanoid forms) it is inappropriate. And boy, is that workflow tedious?!!

So now I'm working in After Effects. It has morph-animation in the form of "Puppet Pinning". It's superb - fast and intuitive. But very, very expensive because it does so many other things too.

Reallusion are really missing a trick here... there is a gap in the market for a simple morph-based character animation programme, versatile enough to work with ANY body shape. And especially in the area of Education.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
HVause (7/26/2014)
The most common complaint we got with CTA1 was that the old Photo Body Fitting was too complicated, fiddly and it was hard to get good results.

Hmmm... so wouldn't it have been more progressive to streamline the function, rather than remove it altogether? Or even to have separated it out into a standalone app... kind of "BodyTalk: CrazyTalk Plus".

Purchased CTA2 believing that Body Photo Fitting was one of its' key features, misled by Reallusion tutorials on YouTube. Have really enjoyed working with CrazyTalk7 for Mac - wonderfully intuitive and versatile - and was so looking forward to extending to full body animations. Had planned a number of projects at the school where I teach Creative Technology.

There's a place for CTA2's Sprite-based animation, but for my current workload as a professional animator (working on non-humanoid forms) it is inappropriate. And boy, is that workflow tedious?!!

So now I'm working in After Effects. It has morph-animation in the form of "Puppet Pinning". It's superb - fast and intuitive. But very, very expensive because it does so many other things too.

Reallusion are really missing a trick here... there is a gap in the market for a simple morph-based character animation programme, versatile enough to work with ANY body shape. And especially in the area of Education.

Thank you for the feedback.

I'm not sure if you are aware but you can still create photo based characters in CTA2 by using the sprite replacement method (Pro or Pipeline). This isn't restricted to just vector (sprite) based characters.

While at first glance it may seem more complicated, it really isn't and once mastered it can be a quick and fluid process, especially if you are working on a single angle character like those used in CTA1.

To see how to do this in detail, please see the two tutorial videos below:

Creating A Character From A 2D Image:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gSl4_-tLTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUy_3AMsTs

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

HVause
HVause
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Thanks Pete. Having splashed the cash already I shall persist...

Reading This Topic