Profile Picture

Actor creator vs Character composer....

Posted By Ryder 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ryder
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)Senior Member (455 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all.

I got CTA specifically for the ability to import a photo and turn it into an actor in "a few easy steps"...

But the Actor Creator button seems to have been replaced by the Character composer button, and does not seem to have any of the functionality that Actor Creator had...

I've never heard of a software upgrade dispensing of key features before... so I'm hoping the functionality of importing a full body photo and turning it directly into an actor is just hidden away somewhere...

Might someone please tell me where it might be?

Thanks for your kind help in finding it!

R

(and if it is gone... can CTA2 owners get CTA1 as a free "downgrade" in order to have that tool available?)
Edited
10 Years Ago by Ryder
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It is indeed gone. Instead of focusing on creating new character from images, RL went with the 360 degree characters, which the photo fitting process wouldn't work with. So instead of leaving it in as an option for a purely 2D character, they just removed it.

It is unlikely they will give CTA 1 away for free, even if you do own CTA2.
Edited
10 Years Ago by wizaerd
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Ryder (5/11/2014)(and if it is gone... can CTA2 owners get CTA1 as a free "downgrade" in order to have that tool available?)

Not available free, but if you are interested in CTA1 then you can contact Customer Support using the link below. They may be able to help you out.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

HVause
HVause
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Yes... I also looked at the possibility of a "downgrade"... before realising CTA1 was never available for a Mac anyway. And this is after purchasing CTA2 Pipeline earlier today. Talk of downgrading really sticks in the throat.

What possible advantage does the animator (or Reallusion Sales Dept.) gain from the removal of a valuable and unique asset like Full Body Photo Fitting? There are times when simple morph-based animation is exactly what is required. Furthermore, it has distinctive and rather gorgeous characteristics. No other software simplifies the process like CTA... did. It's a mistake.

I work in education. Was looking forward to accessible animation sessions next term based on the children's own drawings... what chance of that with tedious and complex Sprite creation!

Surely it would have been sensible for the developers to retain the feature as a useful option, alongside the equally gorgeous Face Fitting (which thankfully is still present). It is after all, essentially the same thing.

Please reinstate Full Body Photo Fitting. CTA 2.14 update?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
HVause (7/25/2014)

Please reinstate Full Body Photo Fitting. CTA 2.14 update?

At present there are no immediate plans to re-introduce Actor Creator but user feedback is very important to us.  I have passed this to the CTA2 team for future consideration.

Thank you for sharing your views with us.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

FarOut
FarOut
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Any chance you've changed your mind about Actor Creator? I bought CTA2 after seeing the feature in the demo reel on youtube and am really annoyed to find the feature's gone - I want to be able to prototype animations quickly, not spend forever putting each individual character together. Can we get the feature back please?!?!?!?
robertljcook
robertljcook
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Att Peter
I've just purchased CTA2 on the assumption it had full body photo fitting.
This is the feature that I'm particularly after for work and my university assignment so I am really disappointed this feature has been dropped. Can you advise what alternative steps I can take if I want full body photo fitting?
Robert.

Reading This Topic