"Ari and the Mad God"

Posted By Peter Blood 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi guys: Smile

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
10 Years Ago by peterblood
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 16 hours ago
Very good work Peter. I really liked the Simian encounter battle scene. Enjoyed the story overall. As a critique I would say in the future you might use some software like audacity (free) to clean up the airy hiss of ari's voice overs which can be heard distinctly with headphones.

Curiously what do you feel makes this an animated comic instead of an animated video?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Thank you for your kind comments Biz.BigGrin They are much appreciated. It just seems to fit the character, story, and my animation style.

Cool pete

Edited
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, the silence has been deafening-ning-ning-ning

Cool pete

Edited
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
"peterblood (7/26/2014)
Well, the silence has been deafening-ning-ning-ning

Cool pete"

Have watched it very quickly Pete, but not enough time to give it the attention & appreciation it deserves. Verrrrrrrrrrrry busy here & it's Summer. So, few Forum visitors & posters. Folks on vacation etc. But will do ASAP.Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gizmo
gizmo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
After a little reflection I have edited my post:
I really like your style but I thought the story could be a little faster paced at the beginning although for me, the visuals here were tremendous. Different and interesting, some impressive atmosphere and good camera work. Like Justaviking I was more than impressed when the heroine's sword came out of the frame.
Maybe the fight scene could have been a little more dramatic, particularly the kill. (Still well done though and not easy to make a fight scene too long when one party has a huge sword and the other hasn't). You we're let down a little by iClone itself. A little foot sliding and not quite convincing galloping by the horse. That's all being very picky. Overall I thought you have done excellent work which must have taken an age. Nice to see Shy involved too. iClone has moved on a lot since I last used it. I would be extremely happy if I could produce something this good.

Cool gizmo
Edited
10 Years Ago by gizmo
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I loved the imegery, very cool.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

"Not too keen on this tone..."

I meant nothing by it Gizmo and thank you for your comments. I will consider them on my next endeavor. Wink

This is the best forum I've ever been on and the reason is the continuous activity by it's members. The discussions are lively, intelligent, and informative.

I was merely surprised at the lack of comments.

My apologies if I offended anyone.

Colour: I have to admit, I hadn't considered that. Blush

Bluemidget: Thank you sir. Much appreciated. Smile

Edited
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Pete,

I liked your work.  Lots of excellent animation and expertly done camera work.

I really appreciate your landscapes, and have to learn more about that myself.  (I really should do a better job of bookmarking some of these tutorials that appear from time-to-time.)

I'm going to agree with Gizmo about the pacing.  There are numerous places where there is 1 or 2 seconds between dialogue that makes for awkward pauses.  Sometimes it might be more noticeable because it's hard to show subtle emotions in iClone.  But in my case it's simply that I find it easier to assemble a scene with extra "white space" and a minimum of overlap between events.  This is something I struggle with myself, especially in my initial versions of a scene.

I some cases it's easily fixed but cutting out a second or two in your video editor, but if the camera stays on a character, and that character has an idle motion, or trees are waving in the background, you end up with "jumps" in the video.

Then you really only have two solutions

• Slide all the keyframes to the left, an that can get tricky if you have a lot of characters and camera cuts and props that move.  It's easy to overlook something.
  • "Delete frames" is the best solution, but that takes a long time, so if you have to do a lot of little improvements, it gets very arduous and time-consuming (which is why I wrote it up in the "Enhancements" section of the forum).

I sometimes use a combination of both.  Slide some keyframes around so I have fewer, but larger gaps, and then use the "delete frames" option.

(Note:  Just because I'm aware of this issue and am sensitive to it, does not necessarily mean my clips are shining examples of how to do it right.  It just means I'm very aware of it, even in my own clips.)

Sorry to ramble on so long.  I liked the video work.  Nice audio work (sound effects, ambient sound, and background music).  Interesting story.  I think if you "tighten it up" that would be the biggest single thing that would help keep the audience engaged in your excellent video.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I really enjoyed watching this. It may have been slow in a few scenes, but that didn't put me off. You showed some very good camera work, and the scene changes were very well timed.

Shy is now in second place on my list of great Scots accents - just behind Billy Connolly. Smile 

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic