Profile Picture

Pinning a physics prop to two different objects

Posted By hestera 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hestera
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello everyone,

I am only a novice in the use of iClone, particularly in the use of the physics settings, and have been having trouble using some of the iSoftPhysics props. In particular, I am wanting to make use of the iSoftPhysics_rope_2pin prop in the following way:

I would like to have one end attached to another, non-moving prop, then have the rope hanging and attached to an object at the bottom. The bottom object will move around, and I would like the rope to follow this, whilst keeping the top end attached to the non-moving prop.

I have tried all the different settings I can find, looking at constraint options, etc, but I think I must be doing something wrong. Attaching the pins to different objects ends up moving these instead, but not the rope. Have I misunderstood the use of these props?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew
tq.linux
tq.linux
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Hi!(^^)/

I also bought "iSoftPhysics_rope_2pin prop" and I got to know that Pin3 and pin4 were important.

1) Aadjustment of a position and a size of "iSoftPhysics_rope_2pin prop",
and the check of "By Frame"
2) Detach of "Pin3" and "Pin4" from a rope
3) Re-attachment of "Pin3" and "Pin4" to the purpose

I check these points.
hestera
hestera
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)Senior Member (445 reputation)

Thanks for the reply, the 'by frame' tip was really useful - I didn't realise this! I think I have got the rope to behave like I want, it does seem to have trouble when selecting a point on the timeline, but when playing back it is behaving correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Reading This Topic