Finally.....Pinhead Returns....coming Soon

Posted By Alley 10 Years Ago
Rated 4.1 stars based on 18 votes.
Author
RB3006
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Arie,
thats really a very nice gif. BigGrin

Robert

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
cute GIF Arie. I loved it. BigGrin

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
longcross
longcross
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Just a friendly reminder that the vote ends tonight, midnight Pacific. Everyone did a great job. When are you all coming to my place to give lessons?

Brian

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Brian,

I do plan to give away one secret (via a mini-tutorial) sometime in the next few days.

HEY EVERYONE... Have you checked out the Pinhead Site lately?  There's a "flashback" video on the home page.  Cool.

www.PinheadHQ.com

About half an hour from now I'll have a little clip to help pass the time.

Meanwhile... EVERYONE VOTE!!!!!!

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

For your entertainment (30 seconds of it anyway)...

When I first considered my "musical" approach to Project 8, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get the characters to sing.  Could I reasonably synchronize their mouths with the music?

Here is my proof-of-concept, which I never shared publicly because I wanted to keep my approach secret:

Pinhead Project 8 - Kidnapped..... Proof-of-concept from justaviking on Vimeo.

Remember my other "progress" postings, like when Pinhead shoved Alura to the ground?  He looked so mean, but it makes total sense now that you have it in context.  I'm such a tease.  Wink

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
"longcross (7/23/2014)
Just a friendly reminder that the vote ends tonight, midnight Pacific. Everyone did a great job. When are you all coming to my place to give lessons?"

We've hired a hot air balloon, Brian. Pinhead's the Pilot. Could end-up in Timbuktoo! Ermm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm busy post-padding tonight.

I finally wrapped up version 1.1 of my project entry.  There were some last-minute errors I introduced the last day of the project and didn't notice until I calmed down and watched my video again the next day.

THE BIGEST FIX IS:

• I completed a 30-second scene that I was horrified to discover I had not actually created, and I filled the gap with a still shot and some subtitles (and it resulted in a jarring cut-off of my already-rare ambient sound).  That's at 27:36 and is about 30-seconds long, if you want to see the biggest change.
    • I needed to have that clip in the video, since that had the reason for Pinhead going back into the theater and confronting the villain.

Other fixes include:

• An anticipated fix to my NLE also arrived (a week late - sigh), and re-rendering scenes in my NLE got rid of the audio "stutters" you could hear in the music in several places.  I also worked around a still existing audio bug that causes a "crackle" (to the older people it sounds like the static on a vinyl LP record).  I knew how to work around it, but missed it in several places.
  • There were two places where my captions where significantly out of sync (by 2 to 10+ seconds) because I trimmed out some video and forgot to move the title overlays in my NLE.
  • I added "grunts" when the villain gets clobbered, and changed his audio just before he goes over the cliff.
  • Pinhead's eyes close - like they USED TO - after he gets hit by the car.  That was due an iClone bug (fixed in v6, so I'm told) where eyelid keyframes don't reposition correctly.  I fought that several times, and seemed to forget to re-fix that every third time or so.  Naturally I missed it on the final render for the project submission.
  • As long as I was at it, I refined a few camera cuts, but nothing you'd really notice without a side-by-side comparison.  I also added a bit more ocean background sound, increased some of Pinhead's dialogue volume (my Audacity microphone volume was set low one day), fixed a typo and an oversight in the credits, little things like that.

I don't think there's anything here that would affect the voting, and since that closes in a few hours anyway, I'm comfortable sharing this now.

I'm still dreaming of working on v2.0 to refine additional skills anticipation of the next Pinhead project.  Wink

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: Last Year
"Finished reading the Beano. Now waiting to see who has won a prize for putting me through the most agony" Ermm

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
RB3006
RB3006
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 2 Years Ago

What time is it?

Robert

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, all this waiting gave me time to ponder the irony:

• Project deadline... Extend!  Extend!
  • Voting deadline... Extend!  Extend!
  • GPA ceremony... Hurry hurry hurry!!!!

I'm enjoying the Pinhead pictures while I practice hiding my impatience.  Wink

Reading This Topic