Iclone won't recognize voice

Posted By Pochontas 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Pochontas
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I installed a text to speech voice on my computer but it's not showing in iclone although some other voices that I installed before are showing. So is there a way to help Iclone recognize voice that is not showing but is working in other text to speech programs?
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Some TTS voices will only work with a particular program. I have TextAload and those voices will not work with other programs. In such cases you will have to create a sound file in the program and then import into iClone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

4413Media
4413Media
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Export the text file as a WAV or MP3 file, then go to facial animation tab of iClone and import the sound file in. It will do the job and have it all lip synced.

iClone Certified Director and makes miserable Westerns.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Pochontas (7/19/2014)
I installed a text to speech voice on my computer but it's not showing in iclone although some other voices that I installed before are showing. So is there a way to help Iclone recognize voice that is not showing but is working in other text to speech programs?

Do check in the 32bit version of iClone5. Some text to speech voices will work in that version but not in the 64bit version.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Pochontas
Pochontas
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (7/21/2014)
Do check in the 32bit version of iClone5. Some text to speech voices will work in that versionbut not in the 64bit version.

You're right. That voices and all the other ones are showing up in 32bit version of iClone5. But in 32bit when I click "Type" button there is first a menu asking me to "Select a TTS Engine Interface" and if I click "Microsoft SAPI 5" I get all the voices that are installed on my computer. So is there any way of choosing it in 64bit version?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Pochontas (7/22/2014)
So is there any way of choosing it in 64bit version?

If you can successfully open the project in 32-bit iClone, then you can use that for your speech work.

Since the Project file itself is identical, you can bounce back and forth between 32 and 64-bit iClone as much as you want.

It's maybe not ideal.  You might need to "turn off" some larger or more complex assets in 64-bit and save the project before opening 32-bit iClone.

Another approach...

We were recently discussing (again) the merits of doing al audio work in a video editor, and completely replacing all your iClone audio.  In that case, you could use the default voice in iClone for "animation" purposes, and then in your NLE you'd mute the iClone footage and add in audio clips of the dialogue using your desired voice.

It sounds like a lot of work, and there is some overhead, especially up front, but I'm slowly getting more and more convinced that it is worth it.  Why?  Simple example: Try to increase or decrease the volume on one line of dialogue in iClone.

Link to that thread:  https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic192484-281-1.aspx

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic