Profile Picture

How to Quickly Render 35-40 minute detailed Videos

Posted By kdaneja 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kdaneja
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
We are creating a series of 35-40 minute videos which will be personalised by replacing the faces of the characters before being rendered.

Since this will have to be repeated each time, it is important that the Render takes the least possible time.

The output we are using is MP4 to reduce the size of the file to be burnt on a DVD.

Please advise:
1. What should be the optimum configuration of the CPU?
2. How can we achieve the Render of the full Video within the shortest possible time?

Look forward to a solution!

CheersSmile
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
2 How can we achieve achievement the rendering of the full video within the shortest possible time?

Optimize 3D Objects and Textures, Because too many polygons or too many high res Texture slow down.

iClone can render fast if you think like a game developer and plan your project conserve resources
Also important a good Graphic Card, not only CPU
I would recommend to render your 35 min video in parts and put it together in a NLE program

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

kdaneja
kdaneja
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Thanks! What configuration would you recommend for us to achieve high speeds while rendering?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Most of my projects render at realtime or faster.

However, I do have a couple that render very, very slowly.  Like 3 to 5 frames per second.

I still have not figured out what makes those projects render at a drastically slower rate, since they seem to be similar to other projects in terms of set, number of assets, and animation complexity.  They preview fine, they just render slowly for some mysterious reason.

But as I said, MOST of my projects render quickly.  Do all of your projects render slowly?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I would have to agree with vidi in that you should render out the separate scenes of your video and then compile them in your video editor.  BigGrinI render mine in iclone as 1080p .avi and then render the entire video in my editor as a .wmv  1080 hd. I use Power Director 12 and can render 15 minutes of video, finished, in 30 minutes. (I usually hold my vids to around 15 min as my animating skills are not up to holding someones attention for a longer period. Wink

Cool pete

P.S. Having each scene as a separate project also makes it easier if you have or want to do some major tweaking later. No need to look at the alternator if you have a leaking brake line so to speak. Tongue

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

Reading This Topic