Showcase Your iClone5 Work here!!

Posted By Bruce (RL) 13 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Magique
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
In that clip, nothing even happens until 9 seconds into the clip and then you only see the rider mostly from a distance until the very end. My suggestion is to cut all the dead space at the beginning and then after a couple of seconds cut to a close up of the rider on the horse and show that for a few seconds. The whole sequence would then be about 5-7 seconds and would not slow down your pacing at all.

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Good point. Smile That clip is the raw footage and not the edited version that was being used in the vid. It appeared as you suggested with the scene beginning after the rider was seated properly.(The time at the beginning was really to allow the fog particles on the mountain to generate to their proper opacity. ) The problem wasn't so much with the scene as the direction it forced upon the story. It and the scenes accompanying it ended up being a side trip that, although I enjoyed looking at it, wasn't necessary to the telling of the tale.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

Edited
10 Years Ago by peterblood
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
@Pete,

Another thing, which I know you already know, is that background music can make a huge difference.

Raw silent footage (even as beautiful as yours) can be dead and lifeless.  But when you add some music, it helps set a mood or help build anticipation.  Imagine if you heard the hoofbeats of the approaching horse, how different it would be.  Then add the sound of rustling leaves.  The finished product can be very appropriate.

Also, a video (especially one longer than 5 minutes) can really benefit from some change in pace.  You can't have mountains without valleys, right?

I know this because my last project has a lot of footage still waiting for said background music and ambient sound.

I trust you made the right choice, especially if it impacts the storyline as you said.

Thanks for sharing the little clip.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Beautiful scene Pete, just love those colours. It's your film, and I'm sure you'll make the decision needed to get the story across.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

sagmoh
sagmoh
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Stop kill children of gaza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8qIiSVXvTI

Edited
10 Years Ago by sagmoh
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
thedirector1974 (7/9/2014)
Hi folks,

here is my entry for the ongoing Battle Animation Contest. It's not only a big sword fight, there is also a little story in this movie ...

Production Time: June 26th - July 8th
Length: about 6 min.

Have fun ...

Direx

Wow, that was actually pretty freakin' good!

Nice ending too.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
dwacon
dwacon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Awesome work!

I especially liked how the sound effects and music blended together to create an atmosphere. Certainly inspirational for my future works.

Keep up the good work!

D.C.

Atomic Skeletons
[url=http://amzn.to/2zZ3md9]Queer Steer[/url]
Black Larry David

Galactic Blitz
Birthday Movie

mailtophoo
mailtophoo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (629 reputation)Veteran Member (629 reputation)Veteran Member (629 reputation)Veteran Member (629 reputation)Veteran Member (629 reputation)Veteran Member (629 reputation)Veteran Member (629 reputation)Veteran Member (629 reputation)Veteran Member (629 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
hello friend check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gu3mHAJkq5g

Phoo
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Phoo: Smile

I liked both the animation and the music a lot. Your cuts, not only during the 'action' sequences but also during the band scenes, were nicely done. It's a very entertaining and professional looking video all the way through.

Gratz on a job well done. BigGrin

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
10 Years Ago by peterblood
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
mailtophoo (8/12/2014)
hello friend check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gu3mHAJkq5g

That was really great!

Thank you for sharing.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic