Is Full Manual Mode possible?

Posted By Guyon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Guyon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am having a very hard time getting the lipstick to look good since the models mouth is at a funny angle and FaceFilter will not fit it correctly.

Is there a way I can skip the face fit and just paint on the makeup manually with brushes?
Edited
10 Years Ago by Guyon
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Hi Guyon,

No this isn't possible I'm afraid. If you wish to manually apply makeup, then you would be better to use an image editor like Photoshop, PhotoPlus, Gimp etc.

FaceFilter is designed to take away the hard work of manually applying makeup and automate the process by a one time setting of fitting points. Once the fitting points have been correctly placed you can make as many changes as like to makeup with just a couple of clicks in Content Manager.

FaceFilter 3 will work best when used with front facing neutral portrait photos. The face fitting process will not work correctly with faces that are at unusual angles or faces that have strong expressions.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
a quick trick I learned for honing in on certain parts of an image accurately ...

load up the picture in your paint program ( my choice is paintshop pro )

create a copy and make it a layer .....
erase the lips on the top layer so the painted layer shows through

then color the lower layer any way you want -

so for example you can make one render from face filter with the bozo the clown lips ....do a 2nd render with the original lips - then layer them and slowly erase the correct lips on to the original lip image. - merge both layers to 1 layer when done.

especially cool for changing eye colors - or making the whole image black and white then coloring only eyes and lips.

I hope this helps Smile

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Guyon
Guyon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Nice Trick planetstardragon. I will just make the lips bigger and use your layer trick.

Thanks

Reading This Topic