30 Second limit on Share

Posted By leshenderson 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
leshenderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
First post here so, before I post a potential complaint, let me say that I bought CrazyTalk Pro 7 and I just think it's amazing, especially how fast it renders compared to what I once imagined how long it would take. Even my email takes longer to load.

Clearly, graphics manipulation is an art and a skill but this program makes me look like a tech genius who's been doing it for years. Super tutorials, despite the unusual pronunciation of "auto" ie. owto ( Never heard it before, even though I'm from Canada and can live with the Brit version of aluminum.)

Anyway, I don't understand why I'm limited to 30 seconds on a Share and have yet to find the link to an answer.

Unopened 2/3D Software Junkie - Asus M5A97 w/FX8320 +16 GB, Radeon R9 280.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi leshenderson,

Welcome to the Forum!! BigGrin

you shouldn't be limited to 30 seconds, usually that's just the default scene size which you should be able to extend. I personally don't have ct7, but I do have cta and iclone and that's how we have it. For the most part, it's not good to make long videos because - the more you have, the more you have that can go wrong. so we usually do small segments and edit them together.

Cheers!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
leshenderson (6/19/2014)
First post here so, before I post a potential complaint, let me say that I bought CrazyTalk Pro 7 and I just think it's amazing, especially how fast it renders compared to what I once imagined how long it would take. Even my email takes longer to load.

Clearly, graphics manipulation is an art and a skill but this program makes me look like a tech genius who's been doing it for years. Super tutorials, despite the unusual pronunciation of "auto" ie. owto ( Never heard it before, even though I'm from Canada and can live with the Brit version of aluminum.)

Anyway, I don't understand why I'm limited to 30 seconds on a Share and have yet to find the link to an answer.

The 30 second limit is only applicable when exporting for use with the CrazyTalk App or for quick fun uploads to social networking etc. Both of these Share options use cloud storage.

However for general video use you can export projects up to 15 minutes long. You can of course use these videos on your own website if you wish.

Basically the Share option is there for quick and easy uploads to social networking, blogs etc. where you want a quick embed code to input without the need for any coding or special hosting services.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

leshenderson
leshenderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)

Short, quick and easy is fine for sharing on social media, but I think that the Cloud service should somehow allow me to store larger projects so I don't have two locations. Not a big deal, but a tad confusing until you know the limit.

The truly annoying time-waster, which you may not be aware of, is how a larger project is instantly resized to 900 frames the moment you click on Share. Then you have to go back and reset the start and end points which you already spent considerable effort doing.

If you forget, you end up with an undesirably short 30 second Export.

It would be nice if you at least had some warning or an ability to revert the setting to your previous choice.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the feedback. If you have set a specific start and end point in your project it would be wise to save it at the point before going to Share. That way you can just load the project again to reset the original start and end points.

However I will pass on your suggestions to the CrazyTalk team. Hopefully we can improve upon this in the future.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

leshenderson
leshenderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks for passing it on. Sometimes annoyances can be learning experiences or deal breakers. Software, hardware, same thing.

Sort of like if I bought a pair of pants with a zipper that kept attacking my privates despite best efforts to avoid the potential inconvenience inherent in all such manly apparel.

Once or twice I can perhaps forgive, or attribute to distracted inebriation, but after that they visit the scrap heap.

One should not need to adapt to such an inconvenience.

Reading This Topic