Pipeline Feedback - Unity3D

Posted By Bruce (RL) 12 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
ahh, so you would need an 8 core just to make the 2 week err one month deadline.

got it. fine, I'll have compassion and sympathy.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

isn't that the point of destroying you with simple software ?

you have high tech easy buttons that take you a month and thousands of dollars in software and hardware to make a minute of footage -twirls finger-
you really want me to be impressed ? I'm impressed that you think you have an advantage lol.

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

The End of a Summer Love... Tongue

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
11 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rofl, nah, me n swoop will be fighting for a long time haha, he doesn't care if he's obviously wrong, he just likes to fight! ♥

animatom
animatom
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Come on, guys. Most of us are filmmakers here. That word alone means film directors, editors, actors, camera people, sound masters, etc., all that in single person. Most of us can't be a fully capable modelers on top on that. In best cases, we have superficial knowledge in only one of mega programs as Maya or Max.
We use what we have, best as we can. iClone is dream tool for us lunatics, and if we can use Unity or/and AfterEffects with Reallusion stuff, we have no limits.
We are Gods of real time movie making.
Amen.

kanga
kanga
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Ug,.. I cant unsubscribe from this thread!

colour
colour
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
kanga (8/24/2013)
Ug,.. I cant unsubscribe from this thread!

Chill-out with a beer with Skippy, Kanga Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
11 Years Ago by colour
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

In the Unity Asset store is a asset called Adventure Creator

If I use a Character with animation as motion plus (Add MotionPlus to 3dXchange) it will not work in Adventure Creator. The Player do not move and stopping not more the walk animation.

The Player use the Capsule collider , ridgedbody, a special Player script and a Path script.

But
If I use the iClone normal animation (Add Motion to 3dcachange) Option then it work perfect

Maybe Is there a problem with motionplus on a NavMesh and with path script ?

What is so special with motion plus files that it make such a difference in working with Unity? I want facial expression animation so I need motionplus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

A Example of a mixamo> 3Dxchange > iClone > CTA > Unity pipeline for 2D Sprites

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
10 Years Ago by vidi
Boyd450
Boyd450
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I have an issue with the 3DXchange Pipeline, Unity3D and the Monster Workshop avatars.

When I import a Monster Workshop avatar via FBX into Unity the lighting on the eyes and ears are out of phase. One eye and ear are rendered correctly but the other ear and eye are rendered as if the light source is rotated 180 degrees.

Does any one have any ideas as to how to fix this?

I contacted iClone and they suggested it may be related to the 'Quality' settings for the Unity Project; I tested this out and it did not solve the problem. I also simplified the avatar for testing by just using the default body with default eyes and ears in the Monster Workshop. I added texture to the ears so they would match the body but it renders in Unity with the default texture.

I have attached a couple images so you can see the issue.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to offer. Smile

Reading This Topic