Profile Picture

Problem re-installing iclone

Posted By Ormozart 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ormozart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi there,
I got a serious problem. I have a Win 7 x64 machine in which there was installed iclone. The HD containing the libreries has gone so I have uninstalled iclone in order to make a fresh install to give a new location for the libraries. The matter is that once I've uninstalled the software I got no new empty license seat on the RL member page, so I have deactivated it manually. After that I've tried to install IC again, but I got always an error and there is no way to install IC. The error is concerning something like DATA and block the installation process. I say that my win 7 is ok and updated and that IC was running without any problem before the uninstallation. I've still 3DXchange 5.51 pipeline installed and working. Have I to get it off and re-install it AFTER IC?
Any idea?
Thanks for any Help

Francesco (Italy)
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Ormozart,

My first guess is security software may be blocking the installation. If you use avast, they are known to have false positives with Iclone and will cripple the software.

on your seats, make sure you are online so the software can tell the RL servers to credit your installation. If you do this offline, no credit is issued. If you use up all your credits and deactivations - then you will have to contact support direct and explain the situation so they can reset your seats.

Cheers!

Ormozart
Ormozart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi and thanks for your reply. Unfortunally I've tried all the way out: turning off my AV (which is Avira), turning off the Firewall (Windows Firewall) and...yes I was connected to the net (I couldn't reach that point of the installation if I wasn't Smile.
I've also uninstalled 3DXchange (this time the lincense matter has worked...?????)
I got always the same error.
I've also tried to install iclone on a win 8 laptop and everything went right. The only fact is that if I turn on the ambience occlusion feature the screen get freeze and I see only the shadow animating. If I turn it off everything return to normal.
Also on win 8 I've uninstalled again iclone and the license seat where not affected like I still have it installed on the machine.
Thank you however. Have a nice day.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
it's evident that something in that particular system is interfering with a normal iclone installation, the idea would be to hone in on what is causing / blocking it in your system. particularly anything that would be blocking copying / reading of files - which is usually security software, or admin settings in the system. Iclone installs itself the same way in all systems, the problem is not all systems are the same - which is the random factor in this troubleshooting.

on the shading / freezing on the laptop - should make sure your video card / chip on the laptop is compatible with the 3D options iclone needs to function correctly.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Ormozart (4/24/2014)
Hi there,
I got a serious problem. I have a Win 7 x64 machine in which there was installed iclone. The HD containing the libreries has gone so I have uninstalled iclone in order to make a fresh install to give a new location for the libraries. The matter is that once I've uninstalled the software I got no new empty license seat on the RL member page, so I have deactivated it manually. After that I've tried to install IC again, but I got always an error and there is no way to install IC. The error is concerning something like DATA and block the installation process. I say that my win 7 is ok and updated and that IC was running without any problem before the uninstallation. I've still 3DXchange 5.51 pipeline installed and working. Have I to get it off and re-install it AFTER IC?
Any idea?
Thanks for any Help

Francesco (Italy)

Hi Francesco,

For the "Feature Transfer Error", please first make sure you login with Administrator privileges on your PC when installing the program. Then please try the following steps.

1) Open the "C:\Users\Public" folder.
2) In "All Users" folder, right-click on the "Public Documents" folder and Select "Properties".
3) In  the "General" tab, clear the checkbox marked as "Read-only".
4) Click "Apply" and "OK" on the pop-up box.
5) Then, go to "Security" tab
6) Verify that "Deny" is not checked for anything. If it is, please uncheck it. (click "Edit" to Update it.)
7) Verify that "Allow" is checked for "Full Control". If it is not, please check it. (click "Edit" to Update it.)
8) If there are any other entries in the group or user names list, repeat steps for each of them.
9) Click on "Apply", then click on "OK".

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic