Profile Picture

FBX Export is missing!

Posted By jaxtone 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jaxtone
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I thought it would be a good idea to test if 3DXchange easily could manage to export an iClone animated standard character into an external 3D Software such as DAZ, Lightwave or similar.

Just trying to see if a simple FBX export function were supported by 3DXchange. But what happened? Nothing at all.

I didn´t even manage to export the FBX file since the FBX Export window were replaced with a completely different window with less options and definitely not a functional one.

Qustions need answers and I need a lot at the moment since I just can´t get this right!

Help please!

By the way, here´s the link to the tutorial I watched when doing this:
http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/help/3DXchange5/Pipeline/09_MotionPlus/Exporting_Expressions_to_3D_Tools.htm
Attachments
FBX_Export_Missing.jpg (56 views, 433.00 KB)
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Which version of 3DXchange are you using?

3DXchange Pipeline allows fbx export, 3DXchange Pro only allows iclone file types and obj files.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

jaxtone
jaxtone
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Oh, so that could be the problem! I use PRO because I thought that was the most appropriate and professional package! So if this is what caused my issue with the export procedure I am glad to hear that in deed.

1. Do you personally use the Pipeline and have positive experiences from it?
2. Is this Pipeline version an earlier version of iClone or is it an increased and more broad and expensive version of the program?
3. Does the Pipeline version also have possibillities to handle import of DAZ objects and add motions from iClone to them before I export them back to DAZ?
4. Is it now I will be ruined BigGrin

I´ll have to check this out at once!

Thanks! I will get back in minutes!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
jaxtone (4/22/2014)

2. Is this Pipeline version an earlier version of iClone or is it an increased and more broad and expensive version of the program?

There is not a Pipeline version of iClone5. It is 3DXchange5 Pipeline that you need and this is the latest version.

3. Does the Pipeline version also have possibillities to handle import of DAZ objects and add motions from iClone to them before I export them back to DAZ?

The Pipeline version does everything the Pro version can do plus allows export of FBX and BVH files. You can't currently export Daz Characters from iClone5 with animation attached as the Daz FBX importer does not support this. You can however export animations from iClone in BVH format and import those.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic