Limits in IClone 5.5 ?

Posted By ethorson1 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ethorson1
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a project that is 292265 KB size. It has 2 Avatars, 27 props, 65 Trees, 5 Grass Groups, 1 Light and 4 Cameras.
When I try to load a third Avatar, I get the following message

Failed to load the file. If this is a .vns file please switch to the Avatar page and try again.

This Avatar can be loaded into a new project without any problems. I wonder if I have hit some kind of limit in resources.

My system is an Intel i7 CPU @ 3.70 GHz, with 64 GB RAM. I am running Windows 8.1

Any thoughts?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
try it on the 64 bit version of iclone

ethorson1
ethorson1
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)

Isn't 5.51.3507 64 bit? I thought it was. If it is not, where do I get the 64 bit version?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
iclone is both 32 and 64 bit - it should be in the same start folder with a (64bit) notation next to it. - Cheers Smile

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

"If this is a .vns file please switch to the Avatar page and try again."

This Error Message has been Posted a few times, before.

I can't remember the solution.

However:

1) Doing a Forum Search for that Error Message might help. ( Reallusion Forum Admin; Peter Edwards would know the answer. Send him a PM)

2) In the meantime; Select your Avatar from the File Path in my Screenshot & then Drag & Drop it into iC Scene Viewport.

3) Before you do 2), check your Avatar to see if it's a .vns or .iAvatar File. If it's a .vns, changing it to .iAvatar might fix it, but I don't know for sure. You might have to change it back-again. 

4) If it's due to your Project being over-loaded, set the Viewport to Quick Shading before you Import the Avatar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
ethorson1
ethorson1
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

My IClone installation exe is named IC5_Pro_Enu_Online.exe. I did not find any 32 or 64 bit version in my installation directory. I tried to re-download IClone 5.5 from the website and it was just the same file that I already have. So, I cannot find anything with a 32 or 64 bit designation. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also... My Avatar is an iAvatar file already. I set the shader to quick custom and tried to load it again and the same failure as before. Any other suggestions?
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
The installation file will install both the 32 and 64-bit versions.

The 32-bit executable is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\iClone 5\Bin\iClone.exe

The 64-bit executable is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\iClone 5\Bin64\iClone.exe

One caveat: you would need to have performed one full installation (not an update) after the 64-bit version was introduced (I think in 5.14) in order to have 64-bit iClone installed.

As to your original question: your scene doesn't seem excessive. One member, Armstrong, has hundreds of trees in his scenes without problems. Also the error message is puzzling.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

ethorson1
ethorson1
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks for the help. I was missing a key piece of information. After checking the properties of the IClone 5.51 icon, I learned that I was running IClone out of the /bin directory and that I did not have the /bin64 directory installed. So I removed the old 32 bit program, downloaded the "newest" version of IClone and reinstalled. Now I have the /bin64 directory and am running 64 bit, which solved my problem.
I have to say that I could have solved this myself if the software help About IClone dialog box had merely indicated that this was the 32 bit version I was running. I am glad for your help, but dismayed that Reallusion did not help me out more. A little more information would have saved me many hours of frustration. In future I will not assume that identical downloads from Reallusion contain the same things. Problematic, in my opinion.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
ethorson1 (4/21/2014)
Thanks for the help. I was missing a key piece of information. After checking the properties of the IClone 5.51 icon, I learned that I was running IClone out of the /bin directory and that I did not have the /bin64 directory installed. So I removed the old 32 bit program, downloaded the "newest" version of IClone and reinstalled. Now I have the /bin64 directory and am running 64 bit, which solved my problem.
I have to say that I could have solved this myself if the software help About IClone dialog box had merely indicated that this was the 32 bit version I was running. I am glad for your help, but dismayed that Reallusion did not help me out more. A little more information would have saved me many hours of frustration. In future I will not assume that identical downloads from Reallusion contain the same things. Problematic, in my opinion.

When you perform a full install iClone5 from version 5.1 onwards two icons are placed on your Desktop by default. These clearly indicate which version is which so there shouldn't be any confusion. You may need to use both occasionally though as some features are not present in the 64bit version such as popVideo and Flash Video export.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Peter (RL) (4/23/2014)
When you perform a full install iClone5 from version 5.1 onwards two icons are placed on your Desktop by default. These clearly indicate which version is which so there shouldn't be any confusion. You may need to use both occasionally though as some features are not present in the 64bit version such as popVideo and Flash Video export.

The question does come up occasionally, so it would be helpful to put this information with the download links on the website, because this is not obvious in itself, especially for those who are not avid readers of the forum. Normally you wouldn't do a full installation for un update without reason.

Also, for a while the 64-bit version was considered a beta, so not everyone felt confident using it. Meaning that some (or many) may still run the 32-bit version only.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic