Profile Picture

Daz Genesis vs iClone characters.... differences ?

Posted By dylan pony 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dylan pony
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
RB3006 (4/22/2014)
To make "music-clips" was the reason i came to iClone (long time ago) and I never regret this. But make good musican movements and clips is the "royal discipline" in animation. BigGrin
I am afraid it is difficult to realize your high standards. Cartoony stile will make it a little bit easier, realistic look is in my opinion mission impossible. w00t
For example look at this clip. I'm not inexperienced in iClone, and I work for the clip hard over many days .... and if I´m honesty .... nothing really fits .
(Music is a AC/DC Coverversion, I made completly with Keyboardsounds and Computervoices)

But be sure, iClone makes a lot of joy BigGrin

Robert
Robert

wow ! nice vid..
impressive camera movement .
RB3006
RB3006
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Buy Rings of Saturn, a Moon or what even you want .. BigGrin
BUT FORGET MOCAP
that was the biggest letdown in my iclone carrier w00t w00t w00t

Robert

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

dylan pony
dylan pony
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)

RB3006 (4/22/2014)
Buy Rings of Saturn, a Moon or what even you want .. BigGrin
BUT FORGET MOCAP
that was the biggest letdown in my iclone carrier w00t w00t w00t

Robert

do you mean the mocap plugin device and live mocap...

or are you saying that it doesn't handle BVH files very well ?
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I think most of us bit off more than we can chew when we took up animating. Doze But it seems the chewing gets easier the more you do it so don't be discouraged. Wink

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Peter is right, it is no simple task if you want perfection. I think I have all the software I need for now, but then I have to figure out how to work all of it. BigGrin I am still getting 3D models while I figure out how to make my own. Takes time, but the results are worth it. Lots of stuff to learn.
theschemer
RB3006
RB3006
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

do you mean the mocap plugin device and live mocap...
or are you saying that it doesn't handle BVH files very well ?

I mean Mocap. In my opinion it doesn´t work. How I said. These was my biggest disappointment ever.
BHV ... it´s differend. Some work well, some need a lot of rework.

(Mocap needs no BHV Files. These are 2 different things)

Robert

Gruß
Robert

dylan pony
dylan pony
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

ok , i see .
that would be a deal breaker , because facial mocap would be an immense help in what i'm trying to do .... actually i would say it's essential for facial closeups of the actor singing.

Edited
10 Years Ago by dylan pony
RB3006
RB3006
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don´t speak about facial mocap!!!
You must make a different between Mocap (Body movements) and Facial Animation.
Important !!!
These are 2 absolute different things !!!!

Robert

Gruß
Robert

dylan pony
dylan pony
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

yes, i was referring to facial mocap such as FaceFx and Zign track.

i didn't realize that iclone only did body mocap ....
i guess i have totally misinterpreted what iclone's Facial Pipeline and mocap device plugin are actually capable of ...
i wouldn't really need body mocap.... there are tons of body mocap bvh files already done that could be imported , tweaked and used for my purposes ....
audio lip-syncing and facial mocap is where most of my interest is based.
these are the only tools that would do a decent base track for singing close ups.
followed by days and days and days of tweaking ....
but without those tools what i want would require a veteran pro animitor to do.
it would take me years to get that proficient...
i guess i need to do more research....

well , after some time surfing i have found that facial mocap is a special animal
and it only comes in a limited amount of choices ..very pricey choices...

but they are all separate programs and plugins.... there is no general 3D app that has facial mocap built in. so i guess iclone is no exception.

Edited
10 Years Ago by dylan pony

Reading This Topic