Upgrade from CTA2 Pro to Pipeline?

Posted By jann 10 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
etourist
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Technically you should have been asking for a refund rather than an upgrade price.

Since you've now bought and paid for both Pro and Pipeline versions - and RL should be able to see those payments and the dates etc. They should consider refunding the difference, if what you've paid in total to date is more than what you would have paid if you had bought Pipeline in the first place.

They don't have to of course. It depends on whether they feel their advertising wasn't clear enough for you to make the right decision on which version to buy or not.

I'm an early adopter of CTA2 as well and I knew exactly which version to buy - and ended up spending even more than intended because they offered a great package deal on an iClone 5 pipeline pack that included CTA2 pipeline thrown in for free as soon as it became available.

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi TET,

Thanks for you message Smile

They should consider refunding the difference, if what you've paid in total to date is more than what you would have paid if you had bought Pipeline in the first place.

Yes, would be a nice gesture from Reallusion. So, let's wait and see how nice they are.

Diffrence in price is around $70 - at the moment anyway. Don't know the actual price just for CTA2Pro back then, as i bought it together with some extras to both CTA and iClone.

Peter RL :: There is not a separate price to upgrade from the Pro version.

The first response from the customer support (i still think it's a bot, and need to get updated) said: "Since you have pro version, you can upgrade to Pipeline version with member upgrade special offer under “Upgrade & Member Special” tab in your member account."

This could easily get [mis]understood as an upgrade would be possible.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
jann (3/30/2014)

Yes, would be a nice gesture from Reallusion. So, let's wait and see how nice they are.

We do allow refunds within 30 days of purchase so if that is applicable then by all means go that route. When did you purchase CrazyTalk Animator 2 Pro?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

17 december 2013
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

jann (3/31/2014)
17 december 2013

Unfortunately that's too long for a refund. We do try to help users who purchase one version and then immediately realise that they wanted a different version. Sadly as it has been over 3 months an upgrade is looking the best possible solution right now.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes, a cheat upgrade. Well, i have already wasted too much time on this. Time is money, and costs me more than this "upgrade". Who cares about few bucks more or less - but as a long time loyal customer, i really feel being fooled. Shame on Reallusion.

Anyway, thanks for you response.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

jann (4/2/2014)
Yes, a cheat upgrade. Well, i have already wasted too much time on this. Time is money, and costs me more than this "upgrade". Who cares about few bucks more or less - but as a long time loyal customer, i really feel being fooled. Shame on Reallusion.

Anyway, thanks for you response.

I do understand your disappointment. However it is the time you left it that is the problem.

When CTA1 was released we only had two versions so there was understandably some confusion when CTA2 released with three versions adding Pipeline into the mix.

So for this reason we did try to help users who purchased Pro thinking they had the best version but then quickly realised they needed the Pipeline version. However I'm puzzled why it took 3 months to realise you needed the Pipeline version and not the Pro version? Had it been earlier we could have helped you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (4/6/2014)
HoweverI'm puzzled why it took 3 months to realise you needed the Pipeline version and not the Pro version? Had it been earlier we could have helped you.

Because i haven't really used it so much. I'm not any advanced user. Have it mostly for fun. But as i have iClone too, i tried to use iClone motions in CTA2, and then found out it didn't work in Pro. I thought it could do that, but i haven't tested it before. I also thought Pro had some of those advanced character creation options, that are in Pipeline.

I'm not asking Reallusion to give to me any free switch from Pro to Pipeline, if that's what you are thinking. Just tried to BUY an upgrade (something what is quite normal option at all smart software companies!), and got quite annoyed because the information on the website is so misleading, and even your so called customer service tried to trick me to believe i could make an upgrade deal.

I don't think it's a good business strategy to make customers confused by giving bad information, and waste their time. But that's up to Reallusion, of course, to form it's own strategy.

Let's see how it goes. Pipeline seems nice to play with. I'm happy with the software - but not happy with the situation. And the question is, if i ever really going to use iClone motions or those other advanced Pipeline options. Maybe i send it back to you (30 Days Return Policy) and just continue using Pro as before.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

jann (4/6/2014)
Because i haven't really used it so much. I'm not any advanced user. Have it mostly for fun. But as i have iClone too, i tried to use iClone motions in CTA2, and then found out it didn't work in Pro. I thought it could do that, but i haven't tested it before. I also thought Pro had some of those advanced character creation options, that are in Pipeline.

I'm not asking Reallusion to give to me any free switch from Pro to Pipeline, if that's what you are thinking. Just tried to BUY an upgrade (something what is quite normal option at all smart software companies!), and got quite annoyed because the information on the website is so misleading, and even your so called customer service tried to trick me to believe i could make an upgrade deal.

I don't think it's a good business strategy to make customers confused by giving bad information, and waste their time. But that's up to Reallusion, of course, to form it's own strategy.

Let's see how it goes. Pipeline seems nice to play with. I'm happy with the software - but not happy with the situation. And the question is, if i ever really going to use iClone motions or those other advanced Pipeline options. Maybe i send it back to you (30 Days Return Policy) and just continue using Pro as before.

Thanks for explaining more.

I'm still a little confused about your comments that you can't buy an upgrade. As I explained previously there is an upgrade option which is currently $179.97. At Reallusion we value our customers and try to make upgrade offers available to all, regardless of the version purchased. I'm not sure how this is misleading or cheating as you mentioned previously. To me it would seem a good policy rather than a negative one.

Of course I do agree buying Pro then upgrading to Pipeline will work out more expensive than buying Pipeline straight off (60$ more), but this is why we allow you to change your mind within 30 days and get a full refund if you do buy the wrong version.

So certainly you can purchase the Pipeline upgrade, and then if you find it doesn't meet your needs, you can request a refund provided it is within 30 days, and go back to the Pro version.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

"Upgrade" means that you upgrade from one program version to an other (higher) version.

It is a common practice that when you buy an upgrade, you get the new product to a very favorable price. Better price than for those who hasn't any earlier version of that program. In Reallusion the upgrade price gives no advantage compared to general member price. They are same. That's why i find it a bit misleading to call it "upgrade".

In usual circumstances i wouldn't care too much about this.

BUT in this case - upgrading from CTA2 Pro to CTA2 Pipeline - i would expect the "upgrade price" being lower than buying a completely new program package. Especially as the Reallusion Customer Service system told me:

Since you have pro version, you can upgrade to Pipeline version with member upgrade special offer under “Upgrade & Member Special” tab in your member account.

"Since you have pro version" clearly indicates that i can get a special upgrade offer because i already have Pro.

This is not true. It's a bluff.

I have been playing with CTA2 Pipeline a couple of weeks. Really love that possibility to use iClone motion files (as i have a big library of those), and they seem to work suprisingly well. And as a DrawPlus user, i really like there is more interaction between CTA and DrawPlus.

But, as said - just playing, and can easily do without. All this upgrade bluffing annoys me so much, that i sent Pipeline back and asked for refund.

Reading This Topic