Profile Picture

Newbie from Cincinnati

Posted By tom_20140409185558709 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tom_20140409185558709
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I am finally trying to get better at 3D. In the last ten years I use Poser to recreate all the people I paint formal portraits in oil. Now I want to build our little village in 3D and paint it using the most appropriate program. I am painting a series of impressionistic landscapes not unlike Eduardo Cortez the great Parisian painter. I think I will be able to create the buildings in SketchUp and import them into iclone and Poser. I am still trying to decide which platform to use. tomlohre.com
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome to the Forum, Tom Smile

You can build Sets & Animate Characters in iClone much easier & quicker than Poser. However you also need Reallusion's 3DXChange Program in addition to iClone, to convert Google 3D Warehouse SKP Models & any you make yourself, to iClone's iProp Format. Likewise Poser Characters to iClone's iAvatar Format.

So - You either use just Poser or iClone & 3DXchange Programs.

If you're an experienced Poser user, iClone & 3DXchange should be a breeze to use. However you're looking at an additional cost, which might not be worth it, if you don't intend to use all of the Programs' Features.

A new iClone Version 6 is under Development. It might be worth waiting for that, to see if it's new Features meet your requirements. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Greetings, Tom.

Do you have any pictures of your prior work that you can share with us?  You made me very curious.

If you do post pictures here:

• Keep the image size reasonable
  • The "Intert Image" button works okay in Internet Explorer, but not so well in some other browsers

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic