Profile Picture

Eyes and nose question

Posted By gina1975 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gina1975
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi, Can anybody tell me if it is possible to delete the eyes and nose from the facial animations of a custom character so you only get the moving lips and head movements?
Even losing the head movement is not a problem, All I want to keep is the moving mouth, the head movements would be a bonus if possible.
I am trying to get a cartoon character to speak, but he has huge eyes and is kind of looking to the left, so the blinking is way off.

Thanks.

Gina.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Do you have the Standard version of CrazyTalk or the Pro version? If you have the Pro version, you should be able to open the timeline and delete any clips and/or keyframes you want, and leave only the ones you want. I'm not sure this would produce exactly what you want 100% since some things are combined within a single channel or track. But the eyes are separate, so blinking or looking in different directions should be removable after you've gone through your initial puppeteering...
gina1975
gina1975
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Thanks for the reply. I have the PRO version of CT7. I have tried deleting the movements from the time line but it doesn't have a very clean effect at all. Because I am trying to animate a cartoon character, the blinking looks way off. Whenever it blinks, I can see another copy of the eyes behind the closed eyes and when ever the head moves it shows the outline of the character behind it as well as in front. Maybe I am not doing it right. I will carry on playing around with it but if anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Gina.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
gina1975 (3/17/2014)
Hi, Can anybody tell me if it is possible to delete the eyes and nose from the facial animations of a custom character so you only get the moving lips and head movements?
Even losing the head movement is not a problem, All I want to keep is the moving mouth, the head movements would be a bonus if possible.
I am trying to get a cartoon character to speak, but he has huge eyes and is kind of looking to the left, so the blinking is way off.

Thanks.

Gina.

Hi Gina,

If you only want to have mouth movement, try adding your voice file/recording using "Lip-Sync Only" (see below). This will create just a gentle idle motion along with the speech.

Then open Auto Motion Settings from the top toolbar and lower the Global Reaction Strength and Motion Strength sliders to zero or near zero. This should give the look you are after.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic