Posted By Espiderus 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Interactive Plugin behaviour when unity is not installed

Author
Espiderus
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I'm testing out the plug in on my web site and I have the sample introduction running on one computer with Unity installed which works fine. However on another PC where I don't have Unity installed I just get a blank space where the player should be.

Is this correct behaviour or should the user be prompted to install Unity? Or is this something I need to add to the code?

Thanks,

James

This is our Halloween web page.
Espiderus
Espiderus
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I think I have found the answer to my own question. There is code in the index.html script which contains the links to download Unity. This code isn't present in the simple script I used to test out the player so obviously it won't display the download link BigGrin

This is our Halloween web page.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
As you rightly surmised, you will need to include the code to allow users without the Unity web player to download it. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic