Important - Allowed Image And Video Sizes On The Forum

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
by far, the most annoying thing browsing on my touchscreen Android, is big hot link banners!
small ones I can scroll over, but some of the content developers have massive ones.
I do not mind visiting their sites, just not everytime I try to read a post.
Skiping the Crazytalk7 link at the top of the forum hard enough.

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I think the fault lies on the manufacturers who disallow programming that preformats incoming page data to fit the device theyre trying to make profits from. Stupid to make square frames for round pictures.

The comparison would be me selling lifelong lasting tyres but square........ and then accusing the councils of not developing tarmac roads to allow for smoother riding.

The result would be councils trying to accomodate me, and then everybody else suffering a rough ride from what, for a quarter of a century, had been smooth riding and fault free.

I think the large impressive promotional graphics used to eye-catch potential custom isn't a detriment at all, but rather caters rightfully for animators who develop their work on large screen workstations and benefit from the impact of detail and high resolution impressions.

If you buy a round peg for a square hole it's not someone elses fault. Research to see if the unit allows for scaled browsing isnt rocket science any more.

Every browser caters for this. If a three inch screen device cannot, dont buy it.
If you're serious about your animation development, dont use it.

Think about it.

Edited
11 Years Ago by Armstrong
patricialusi
patricialusi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Thank you so much for sharing this....
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

patricialusi (1/7/2014)
Thank you so much for sharing this....

But do you agree?

If Reallusion suddenly opted for black and white content, and you always worked in colour, wouldn't you feel hacked off because of the detrimental choice of others?

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
i agree with it, anything beyond that dimension makes it hard to read on all platforms.

what they could do to make everyone happy is make anything beyond that turn into a post frame.

But for now, somewhere someone is posting a picture that renders a thread useless on someones smart phone.

that's not an artistic restriction, it's a technological restriction.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
oops, right answer, wrong thread. Sorry.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
10 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

planetstardragon (1/29/2014)
...//... it's a technological restriction.

It's a technological failing.

And that,  because someone somewhere has ignored the code implementation that was common place in 1995 but seems to have been ignored since.

I'll do some research and see if I can find anything that has a global implementation on image control because all my forums and galleries are PHP / SQL based and PHP is incredibly diverse. There has to be something that sets a standard for image resize dependant on the pixel render demand of the browser/holder the image is contained in.

drewstwos
drewstwos
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
HI All, Especially Cricky.

some time ago now I started playing with an idea I had to tell stories collected by my mother in 1918 or thereabouts. They were stories told to her by our old boatman an oldish man then though I knew him in the 1930s. she had written (Hand typed actually) them down and had them bound into a hardback book as a gift for my Grandfather in 1920. I have the book.

I wanted to bring the character to life and Cricky very kindly put him together for me. Eventually I want him to 'appear; from invisible (Working on that ) to tell the tales in a setting (Photo in my house) in my conservatory switching between him in iclone and me in reality. Then merge the two in an editing suite (Sony Vegas).

I found out that using a photo as a background you cannot use the camera to see the avatar from more than one angle, but you can if you create a SET. So to try it out I did this. So from a purely experimental point of view here is a very rough clip. I appreciate that it is very unfinished but I would like some feedback.

Her is the DropBox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehumlc4u273qrli/JIM%20IN%20AVI.wmv?dl=0

But also trying to upload it to here as it is quite small.

Best to all out there, hoping this works

drewstwos

Reading This Topic