Profile Picture

Pipeline Feedback - Unreal

Posted By Bruce (RL) 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jmeletou
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello

Finally find a solution to the pipeline Iclone5 to UDK.
Watch the video on Youtube.
www.passion3d.com

http://youtu.be/xfF3KhKoRvs
djmulcahy
djmulcahy
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (795 reputation)Veteran Member (795 reputation)Veteran Member (795 reputation)Veteran Member (795 reputation)Veteran Member (795 reputation)Veteran Member (795 reputation)Veteran Member (795 reputation)Veteran Member (795 reputation)Veteran Member (795 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
The more I see of the Unreal engine, the more I like it for animation...

So, as things stand right now, is there any way to have facial animation with Daz characters through the pipeline in Unreal? I notice there's a FaceFX feature provided, but I'm guessing without the proper morphs that's just not going to happen...

Are we still just stuck waiting for December (hopefully!) or is there some alternative option that exists now?

Read "A Simple Scribe" on Kindle, a dark fantasy graphic novel made with iClone!    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0DGK4L

SilverSkyFox
SilverSkyFox
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)Veteran Member (684 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
that looks very nice! But i'm also wondering how that should looks on CryEngine as for some reason i don't really like the unreal engine (the game's i've got on Unreal Engine are a bit buggy and laggy BigGrin)
zqtech624
zqtech624
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
the video is very nice how did you get all the characters in udk, please can you send links on how to, tutorials, etc. I have a project in iclone and I have hit a wall udk resolves this
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Zqtech,

a good place to start is here,
http://www.reallusion.com/reallusiontv/
click on the top where it says "Tutorials"

there are also a ton of well made tutorials by community members, so if there were something more specific that you needed - feel free to start a new thread requesting it. We have people from all walks of 3D / animation and someone is bound to have a good answer - if nothing else we have fun trying to figure it out with you heheh BigGrin

Cheers!

zqtech624
zqtech624
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

My question is about importing into UDK from iclone I have a G3 modified avatar and I am having issues when I import.
I have attached a zip file of what happens. Thank you for your reply and any help that you can offer.
Attachments
Clone Import error.zip (87 views, 767.00 KB)
zqtech624
zqtech624
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

im sorry I forgot to add this message as well
Attachments
texture import issue.jpg (115 views, 65.00 KB)
Jazz6448
W00t
Jazz6448
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I need help exporting models from iclone5 to udk each time i export a model i always end up with a result i do not want
Attachments
help.PNG (126 views, 233.00 KB)
help2.PNG (176 views, 106.00 KB)
Boyd450
Boyd450
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
We are using the 3DXchange Pipeline and the Unreal Engine, when we apply animations to the Biblical Gwynn we have an issue with the feet. For some reason the toes are all distorted. We have tested with the standard Gwynn avatar from iClone and do not have this problem. I have tried several rigging modifications in 3DXchange with no luck.

I was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion as to how we can fix this. I have attached a screenshot so you can see the issue. The distortion happens only when we apply the animation (T pose is fine) and we do not see the issue when we use the standard iClone Gwynn and we do not see it when in iClone, just in UR4.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Smile

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Boyd450 (12/2/2014)
The distortion happens only when we apply the animation (T pose is fine) and we do not see the issue when we use the standard iClone Gwynn and we do not see it when in iClone, just in UR4.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Smile

I don't work on this pipeline. But from he image, I can say that the Toe is NOT MAPPED as a bone. That's why the Toes don't move along with the other body parts during animation.

Reading This Topic