iClone5 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Minor issue on the Hair Axis:

Scales:
X=Width Y=Depth Z=Height

It appears the "Y" and "Z" axis on the hair has been reversed on scaling. Y adjusts the height and Z adjusts the depth. Should be the other way around.

I recently had a need for the hair to be reduced to avoid hair extending beyond a hat surface, so I went and tested scaling in version 4 to see if it was working correctly. In version 4 of iClone it was scaling properly.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
mark
mark
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Cricky (3/11/2012)
Minor issue on the Hair Axis:

Scales:
X=Width Y=Depth Z=Height

It appears the "Y" and "Z" axis on the hair has been reversed on scaling. Y adjusts the height and Z adjusts the depth. Should be the other way around.

I recently had a need for the hair to be reduced to avoid hair extending beyond a hat surface, so I went and tested scaling in version 4 to see if it was working correctly. In version 4 of iClone it was scaling properly.

Funny but that's the way I'm used to it Z= Depth & Y=Height. After years in Lightwave 3D that's the way I prefer it...but then I started using iClone and it really messed me up. Got used to it but always noticed the "Hair" adjustments and thought it was weird that only in that instance they used the "correct" adjustment coordinates ...as far as I'm concerned BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Magique
Magique
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This may not be a bug precisely, but last night when I went to export my video I saw that there was no option for 1440x1080 Widescreen. However, I do see 1440x900 Widescreen. I also see 1440x1080 Full Frame, which I have no idea how that's possible, but it's there. I went ahead and used 1440x900 and it seems to be OK when used in my 1440x1080 HDV film project, but I'm wondering if I'm somehow losing something there quality-wise or whatnot.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 41 minutes ago
Magique (3/29/2012)
This may not be a bug precisely, but last night when I went to export my video I saw that there was no option for 1440x1080 Widescreen. However, I do see 1440x900 Widescreen. I also see 1440x1080 Full Frame, which I have no idea how that's possible, but it's there. I went ahead and used 1440x900 and it seems to be OK when used in my 1440x1080 HDV film project, but I'm wondering if I'm somehow losing something there quality-wise or whatnot.

This isn't a bug but just a difference in the way HD video is treated in different scenarios.

1440 x 900 is a standard 16:10 widescreen format. 1440 x 1080 on the other hand is a 4:3 1.33 aspect ratio when used in software using square pixels . For 1440 x 1080 to be displayed widescreen the pixels need to be rectangle which isn't the case in iClone.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

There is an issue with certain packs that rely on animating the UV offset to simulate movement. Examples are the Stage Magician pack and the walkway in the Skywalk prop (Movie Sets Vol. 1). When you select an available option from the Perform menu in those cases, nothing happens. Other performances still work.

I believe this has to do with the fact that in IC5 the Material channel has been split into two components: Material and UV. Somehow the UV information does not get into the UV component when inititiating a Perform option.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

michybop
michybop
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
After working in Iclone, I saved my project.  Now when I open it, I can only move my avatars but cannot re-size them.  Is the Save what you should use for a work in progress? 
animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

michybop (4/12/2012)
After working in Iclone, I saved my project.  Now when I open it, I can only move my avatars but cannot re-size them.  Is the Save what you should use for a work in progress? 

Do you use the Avatar Proportion button to resize your avatar (in the Modify panel on the right)?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

michybop
michybop
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks for the reply.  Newbie error on my part.  I thought I could adjust the avatar size like with the props using the gizmo but they don't work that way.
Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Issue (Maybe new): When you add an avatar, it will blink for the duration of the project's "Animation Length" (frames). However, if you extend the Animation Length (add more frames), the character will not blink beyond the original Animation Length.

Reproduce:
1) Open New Project (Default Animation Length: 1800 frames)
2) Add human avatar with normal blinking
3) Change project to 3000 frames
4) Play the animation and observe that the avatar only blinks for 1800 frames

It's very possible that this issue existed before 5.2 and I just never noticed. I tested with iClone Pro 5.2 32-bit.

Thanks!

- Keith
nicholis.muller
nicholis.muller
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all,

I was hoping someone can help .. ever since I updated to the 5.2 patch, every single scene with water the water is turning up either black or grey. No matter what I do I cnat seem to get it fixed. PLEASE help !!!

Nick

Reading This Topic