iClone5 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
namunger
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks Peter! I seem to have found a workaround, or maybe I've just convinced myself it works, but it seems that if I start with a blank project, add a character and move some limbs around, and then open up the project I'm working on, it seems to work. If I just go straight to the project (which was started before applying the update), it's wonky.

----

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Thanks for all the continued feedback. Please remember that for any issues that are seriously affecting your use of iClone please contact Support direct using the link below. They will be able to keep you updated on a one to one basis.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kmiteff_20091227013941124
kmiteff_20091227013941124
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Seeing the same problem.  You try some normal edit motion layer stuff on a character and they "spaz out".  This just started happening and I have had 5.12 installed for days.  Also noticed a weird slow down in the scene that this effect (defect) started to occur.  Pretty disconcerting. 

Definitely some sort of bug.  And iClone has been working so beautifully...  Sigh.  Since so many people are reporting it, I imagine it will be fixed pretty soon.  Will report.

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
A bad bug...this one shouldn't be happening at all. Facial animation should be a separate function to motion(s) as it so far has been, until recently.

Jimmy Toons Perform Used: (Pleased) utilizing the preset perform included with him

Applying any *.CTS Facial Animation and then further apply a perform action at the same point on the timeline...and one cancels out the other.

Motion is Motion, Facial animation is Facial animation...the two should coincide, but never cross paths.

This is but one sample where performs will be wiped out by applying facial animation at the same time line point or vice-verse.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Cricky (3/4/2012)
A bad bug...this one shouldn't be happening at all. Facial animation should be a separate function to motion(s) as it so far has been, until recently.

Thanks for the report Cricky. I will discuss this issue with the iClone team. However I'm not sure it can be considered a bug. Perform data is intended to contain a combination of body motion and facial animation. Therefore applying a Perform that contains facial animation will overwrite any existing facial animation on the timelione if applied at the same position.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/5/2012)
Cricky (3/4/2012)

Thanks for the report Cricky. I willdiscuss this issue withthe iClone team. However I'm not sure it can be considered a bug. Perform datais intended to contain a combination of body motion and facial animation.Therefore applying a Performthat containsfacial animation will overwrite any existing facial animation on the timelione if applied at the same position.

This may have happened before the recent update, but it has shown itself during a testing of the latest update released. Regardless of the name I applied to it, it is a fault which no doubt can be corrected, considering all the advancements iClone has made over its life span.

It may not be a bug. Perhaps it is an oversight in the proper recording of perform motions to their proper place on the timeline, whether it is a right-click perform or motion; it belongs somewhere that is not going to affect pre-recorded facial edits. The CTS file I used is for Facial animation only, as it comes directly from CrazyTalk, which until CTA, only created talking faces.

Motions should be applied to the Motion recorded area of the timeline, not facial animation, especially when the perform/motion itself has no facial animation related to it.

Why would there be two separate areas (Facial Animation and Motion) to choose from, if the purpose wasn't to keep them separate? Which seems to a logical conclusion.

Regardless. The response back on the issue is appreciated.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

planetstardragon (2/13/2012)
5.12 update brought up some bad bugs in motion layer ....i move head, arm spaz's out , i move wrist elbow flies into chest. extreme jolts. pretty hard if not impossible to keyframe now. when i move the toe, the head and arm move lol and with the sdk confusion, this update....um..fail - good to know you're human, but ya killed my flow !!

wishful feature - Update Rollback! Tongue

I've been spared this until now, but tonight this suddenly started happining to me as well... Crazy So there is definitely a bug here (not because it happened to me but because it has happened to several long-time users).

EDIT: Restarting iClone seems indeed to fix this, but it is weird.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
12 Years Ago by animagic
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I simply may not have figured out yet...

I called up a file I did I before the last patch, I reset all motions in the entire file, and started to give my character a new motion / direction - I started constructing a new motion, then went to rotate the character, but its not rotating in place , now it's doing big sweeping circles, Apparently the pivot center on the character went out of alignment, but there is no place that I can see to re-align the standard character pivot. looking through help files now, but no mention of such a thing, so maybe it's a bug. -shrug-

Update - I started playing around with the file again to see if I could figure out this issue, it's something that was recorded into the timeline....I had markers on this file so the start and end would be somewhere in the middle of the file.....when I scrubbed back to the beginning, the pivot went back into place.....I tried erasing everything one by one to see if I could re-set it, but it's one of those things thats getting recorded in some invisible track. I had the gizmo up as I was testing this, and I could see the gizmo simply stop following the character in mid-stream. - fatal error, nothing is reversing / fixing it , short of first erasing the character and loading it again. ( the replace avatar only inherits the error )

Edited
12 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
another thing, and this one is becoming extremely annoying and not very good at all for anybody's computer.. Iclone is making my video card working extra extra hard for no reason at all....i could start up iclone, not have a program / prop loaded , my fan starts whizzing in overdrive non stop on my nvidia card .....the only time it does that with any other software is when I'm doing very heavy rendering or high poly meshes, not because the program is just open. it's painfully obvious here because my video card fan is very loud and sounds like an ac on when I put iclone up. seriously , i wish it would stop, and sometimes it leaves my computer like that after I shut iclone down, it's so bad that I have to put the computer to sleep or reboot to reset it.

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I've noticed that too and that is definitely an iClone 5 thing. It does warm my studio up in the winter though...Ermm

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic