BIGBOSS SIGGRAPH 2011 DIARY

Posted By Bigboss 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
aknzrdude
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The physics allow you to define a set of parameters such as elasticity, mass, and others i can't remember off the top of my head - to an object and also let you define how to make it react with another object - some options are kinetic which lets it interact with another object, frozen which keeps it static

you can for example assign attributes to a sphere, increase its elasticity for example or apply one of the presets - i.e. rubber - and once you put a floor (which also can be assigned gravity), the ball drops and bounces like a rubber ball. You can then change the parameters, reduce the elasticity and it bounces like an apple. you can make an object static like a trash can sitting on a floor and when another object like a car hits it - it bounces off the car and onto other objects. I didn't see it but it looks like there is also a velocity setting for objects in motion to increase/decrease collision force

there is also a new set of controls that let's you create instances of this object - just plug in the number of objects you want and it will automatically be created for you - yes big time saver here

will be drilling down more on this today

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Thanks Gabe and Guy for taking time out on your trip to tell us folks back home all the facts as you see them really appreciated.

From what I have seen in the iC5 demo vids and what you two are saying I just cant wait to try everything out.

Only downside is there is such a lot more to learn.BigGrinBigGrin JokingTongue

Duchess Designs Store 

Sen
Sen
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi ,

very exciting , thanks Gab and Guy Wink .

CGTRADER

Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Can someone find out if the interface windows are detachable? In iClone4 we can detach the timeline - which is great - but I'd also really, really like to be able to detach the preview window.

- Keith
mark
mark
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
WOW oh WOWBigGrin Thanks guys for sharing all this iClone goodnessTongue

It's almost like being there 'cept for the sore feet BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
13 Years Ago by mark
aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Keith thy are dockable as well as undockable so great for multi monitors

gnasche (8/10/2011)
Can someone find out if the interface windows are detachable? In iClone4 we can detach the timeline - which is great - but I'd also really, really like to be able to detach the preview window.

Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

aknzrdude (8/10/2011)
Keith thy are dockable as well as undockable so great for multi monitors

Fantastic. I have two monitors and end up using just one with iClone4. It'll be much better with undockable windows.

- Keith
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
SMALL CORRECTION ABOUT THE MOTION PUPPET FEATURE:

The actual Motion puppet feature with sliders to adjust some of the motion parameters works on Clips provided with iC5, that is, you apply a Motion Puppet Clip to your character, e.g. Toon Walk or Talk and then you can adjust certain parameters to give the motion some specific behavior style.  Smile

Currently, there are a few clips beingSmile demonstrated but we are told that the final version will have a lot more.

Also, althoug not demonstrated, I am led to believe that there will eventually be some Motion Pupet for props ? w00t

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
13 Years Ago by Bigboss
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
REFLECTION INTO A MIRROR !!!

Well, you will be very happy to ear that you can now have a real high resolution Reflection on a surface if you apply it a Mirror type material Smile !!!

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Did you get a chance to see how many base motions are in their library? I wonder if we can make more with the "Collect Clip" feature in the timeline?

Your coverage rocks! We're so glad you are doing it.Smile

Reading This Topic