Daz studio 3D VS Iclone 4

Posted By rollynumber1 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rollynumber1
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
a bit confuse cos i'm a big fan of iclone but i saw daz animation which look a bit more realistic so may be a combination of the 2.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
i personally want to be able to crank out projects fast .....those high poly programs while they look great take forever to render and much more detailed to finish, so it greatly increases production time..., if I have to wait for a higher render, I'd rather go all the way with Maya , Max , Lightwave or CD4. And even then, thats time I can't use my computer, so whatever reason i'd have for going that high render, part of it would be because it can afford to buy me another computer lol ..... the beauty of iclone is that you can crank out quality productions blazing fast, so daz would be great for getting assets but for rendering, it sort of defeats the purpose.

rollynumber1
rollynumber1
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

hopefully the next iclone 5 will be much improve,so these will probably not be an issue any more
peteradam6
peteradam6
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
DAZ Studio is free (last time I looked), so why not use both?

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

I just spent a good deal of time with Studio and Carrar.

Oh and I have Lightwave too.

here's the thing, each one has great points... but the problem is that EACH ONE has great points.

Daz Studio is wonderful with its animation preview and puppeterring... but it lacks a lot in the way of setting up a good 3D scene with out lots of plugins.

Carrara is wonderful, easy to use, and has some great results... but it's BUGGY and the preview windows are SLOW. So if you're an animator and have to get timing right... you either have to wait for tiny renders to finish or import the animations from Daz Studio to Carrara... While that is doable, it leaves room for a lot of... stuff to happen. bad stuff.

Lightwave, C4D, and Max are great... but they're more expensive. Oh and if you're not a Character designer and want to still use the fully rigged DAZ characters, you'll have to find ways to import them. I hear Carrara's FBX exporter works correctly now... but Lightwave 9's doesn't. LW 10's is ok. I think 3DS Max is all good though.

You don't really NEED epic renders unless you're trying to really impress or unless you're a lighting and material freak like me.

I think that if more 3D apps (the high end ones) had a directX preview or a GOOD fast openGL preview, things would work better. Why can a game run 60 FPS in realtime when a 3D preview window cannot? Yes it's a higherpoly character, but you can reduce it and it'll still not run as smooth. What gives?

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I use as many tool at my disposal as possible.  The bottom line is the finished film / story, no amount of 3D mastery will ever cover a bad story!

If you want to make films and tell stories that use everything, if you want to take pictures of beautiful scantly clad ladies then use Daz 3D and forget animation.  Trust me the render times are just unforgivable.

Cape!

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:40 AM
peteradam6 (1/10/2011)
DAZ Studio is free (last time I looked), so why not use both?

The Pro version, which I think you need to do any decent animation, is not.  And it is slow, and has a confusing library system...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
after looking around , it seems that for the price of free, houdini and blender are superior to daz, but their learning curves are that much more complex, ....which btw, the free houdini apparently allows importing and exporting obj, along with modeling and painting.

imo Daz's strength is their extensive library of easy to find assets, otherwise, blender and Houdini are much higher quality tools. I have daz but i onlly use it as a bvh converter heh.

rollynumber1
rollynumber1
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

the robotic or slow motion in character animation is due to the wireframe,Daz uses lot of mesh compare to iclone according to my research. iclone do live rendering so will be quite troublesome accommodating those wireframe in there system.
i'll use a mixteur of everything,daz,houdini blender and so one.
for now credit to iclone more improvment will come along the way
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Yeah, DAZ's strong point to me is thir assets.

Carrara 8 is OKAY and Studio is kinda good, but still meh.

I love Houdini's UI and Belnder is getting nicer.

The thing for me though is that I'm not the best at character design and DAZ has a wide variety of characters. But the thing is that it is hard to import them anywhere with all their bones and morphs.

make Human is moving pretty quickly though.

www.makehuman.org

Check that out. It's pretty awesome.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic