Castle

Posted By Samulis 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Samulis
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Historical Content Creator

Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
This late medieval castle was Tuesday's (the fourth of January) 'build and wield' creation... I managed to upload the video 5 minutes before the competition ended (or at least, I think so), although it was quite poorly stitched together in the 15 minutes I had for post-production. I hope you all will enjoy the pinnacle of SFS engineering, as I hope to release the castle or wall segments from it later in the city marketplace, as I had to cut up the original model into three pieces to import it without crashing 3DXchange during the all-important texturing phase... of course, it took me two hours of frustration to realize that one solid model was not going to get into iClone any time of day. Hehe

Without further adieu, here's the short video featuring the model. I am sorry if it's a bit too dark or such, and please be aware that this uploaded version is not precisely the one posted (however, it is the same file), as that one is on facebook.

Here are some shots:

Samersania Film Studios - Historical Content - Recommended Resources - Albums

Edited
13 Years Ago by Samulis
gp0778
gp0778
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
That's pretty cool, how long did it take you to put all of that together, from scratch?. The contest ended on the 5th btw...Blink
Edited
13 Years Ago by gp0778
Samulis
Samulis
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)

I did put it up on the fifth at around 11:54 PM EST. Smile

I had just made the root individual wall segment, which took me about 1-1 1/2 hours (including importing and texturing), the day before and I decided to string a few of them together into a oval wall shape. I then created the central fortress (although with some difficulty, which resulted in me not continuing the same style on the top level) quickly and the custom gate from scratch to match the style of the already existing walls.

The total project took about 4-6 hours probably if I added rendering, testing, and the two-three crashes that I ran into while working (due to the size).

Sandpaints
Sandpaints
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I recall taking tests, when they would say. "Pencils down, the test is over." w00t

Edited
13 Years Ago by ebertdavid
gp0778
gp0778
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Wow, 4-6 hours? That's pretty fast.
Samulis
Samulis
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Yeah, I was surprised too, but one has to remember, this is my 50th + model I have done like this, so I have a bit of experience (though not that much compared to some people) on the matter. Let me tell you, it's a lot of rotate, copy, and move work, and always remembering to group things as needed to allow for faster fixes and easier movement. This was one of my longer builds, though not as long as my Roman Forum (which I still technically have not finished), which is my second largest (160,000+ front and back faces, compared to 250,000+ front and back as with this one) yet longest (I estimated over eight hours) build. It seems hard when you are building things early on, but once catch your stride in sketchup (which I have not completely done yet), you can build things in times that you find very hard to imagine- a whole castle in only a few hours; a whole city in only a few days.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
That's pretty neat, a little dark at parts though.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Samulis
Samulis
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Yeah, I would change that, but the contest ended before I noticed it. Sad

Edited
13 Years Ago by Samulis

Reading This Topic