Guidelines For CloneCloth Submission in Marketplace

Posted By Peter (RL) 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago

The Guidelines of CloneCloth Submission in Marketplace

The iClone CloneCloth character packs are base models for cloth design. All developers can take any CloneCloth character as a base to design new clothes for both male and female characters.  However, all CloneCloth characters and materials that are applied to the models are DRM protected, therefore please follow the guidelines below if you want to use CloneCloth to create content and upload your creation in the Marketplace or Content Store. 

How to Make Material Files (Recommended)

When you use the “Template” material to design your cloth, please follow this tutorial.

1) Apply the base model character that you are going to use (i.e. C247A_Trey_Overcoat 02 & Baggy A)
2) Go to Avatar/Upper
3) Load the template material file (i.e. C247A Trey Overcoat 02 Upper Template Map )
4) In the Modify window, click on Diffuse and click on the Launch button.

5) Edit the texture anyway you want.
6) Save as new file in jpg format. (i.e. New_Trey_Overcoat02.jpg)
7) Repeat steps 3 to 6 for all the other channels that you wish to edit (i.e. Opacity, Bump, etc.)
8) Apply the base model character again.
9) Go to Avatar/Upper
10) Double click on the channel that you have edited and apply the jpg file that you just saved for the respective channel.
11) When you are done with all the channels, press the Save Material button and save as new the file. (i.e. New_Trey_Overcoat02.iMtl.)

Repeat step 3 – 11 for lower and shoes.
Now you have all the material files ready for sale.

How to Make Character Files

1) Apply the base model (i.e. C247A_Trey_Overcoat 02 & Baggy A)
2) Load the material that you have obtained from the How to Make Material Files section to the character.
3) You now have a character ready for sale.
4) Please note that user will need to purchase the base model if you saved your content as “character”.

Why do I have to follow these steps?

All materials in CloneCloth character packs are DRM protected.  If you just edit the original material and replace it, the DRM mark will remain in that material.  This means that user will need to purchase all the source files included in your content even though you have already replaced it with a different texture.  The easiest way to avoid this issue is to follow the guidelines explained above and create a new material and save it as a separate material file. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Alley
Alley
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Can I also add something here for my fellow clothing designers.

And this only pertains to people who might purchase the single "Actors" through backstage and who do not own G3 Clone Cloth for Essential Male or Female.

When you want to sell in Marketplace as a "Character", as per the instructions above- note that you have to re-load your textures (not materials) on a "dressed" character, which is why they are specifying "Overcoat 02 & Baggy "A".

If you simply export the materials that you made on the "template map", a buyer in Marketplace will be instructed to purchase both "C247A Overcoat 02 & Baggie" Actor for 1000 points PLUS each of the template maps used for 300 points each.

By reloading the "textures", and not "materials" on the dressed model rather than simply exporting them from the template maps, you reduce the requirement on the part of the purchaser to simply needing to purchase the "C247A Overcoat 02 & Baggie" Actor for 1000 points and it removes the further requirement to purchase the "template maps".

Alley

safegaard
safegaard
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks -
It is a bit complicated to understand all the hidden "traps" in developing, so any explaining and pointing out things is very appreciated, special for us who dont have English as our mothers toung, so to say. Thank you very mush Smile

For the love of 3d http://www.safegaard.com
Cellygon
Cellygon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I honestly didn't know about this before I published my clothing package. Seems more complicated now.. haha I hope I did everything right. well so far... I haven't got any complaints from people that bought them so I assume they didn't run into any problems...

----------------------------------------------------------
My latest release for CC

For all my other iClone contents, click here.

Alley
Alley
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I don't think the "New Look" stuff, is handled the same way as the G3 Clone Cloth for Essential Woman and Man, Volume 1.  The issue is the other clone cloth is sold as separate uppers and lowers on Backstage.  It is also sold as full dressed characters.   New Look is not, it is only full characters or material files for these characters clothing.   This is why you wont get the "Template Map" prerequisite on the uploaded material files of New Look.  A person needs to own the whole character with the template, even if your outfit consists of only half.

Example - if you make an outfit with New look bodysuit upper and Fit Lower - a person needs to own the "Bodysuit and Casual Character" and the "Overcoat & Fit" Character.  These are only available as Template versions - so this is different from the other cloth.

Alley

mjordy
mjordy
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Peter, Thanks for clarifying these requirements and since they are like the proverbial "small type at the bottom of any agreement" and therefore easy to misinterpret the true meaning of the developers rules. I will suggest that the developers agreement will detail that requirement clearly.
I still confused about if a PCD,which I just started on City Marketplace, I am able to upload any freebies,and some merchandise done for Iclone with the Uploader tool?

Iclone 4 and 5 rock!

Reading This Topic