Profile Picture

CT web component: any plans to bring it back?

Posted By candlelight2007 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
candlelight2007
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
In an older thread on Wishlist and Roadmap (https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic1253-25-1.aspx) Visconti mentioned that CT web component was going to be discontinued because

Web compoment was designed to benefit our users in the begining.
But in real case, only a minority uses this feature so far.
After deliberate evaluation, we know the efforts to keep this feature is extremely high.
So, the next version will temporarily removed this feature.

However...we will keep our attention on the voices about this case.
And we will consider get it back in the patch or something if the demand is undeniable deeply.

I wonder if anything has changed and if there are any plans to bring it back to life. Particularly I'm referring to a much desired ability to change script at runtime for a model, which I had thought it had after watching old v4 demos (and it's a major reason why I bought it in the first place). If not, maybe there is a way to still do that through WC or directly in Flash or maybe there's another "back door"?

https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost1580.aspx

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Candlelight.. At present I know of no plans to bring back the web component.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic