popVideo Converter 2.01 Update Released

Posted By Peter (RL) 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 28 minutes ago
popVideo Converter 2.01 Update Now Available. (28th April 2010)

The latest updated version 2.01 of popVideo Converter is now available. You can see the changes in this latest update below.

For more information on upgrades, Please refer to this page.

http://www.reallusion.com/popvideo/popvideo_upgrade.asp

To get the update, sign in to your Account to get the installer or upgrade from LiveUpdate.

popVideo Converter Version History

v2.01 released 28th April 2010

•Fixed: Chroma Key settings problem in MOV file.
•Enhanced: Speeded up HD output rendering time.
•Enhanced: Speeded up Blur performance and output rendering time.

v2.0 released 10th March 2010

•Added: Basic Operation tool bar.
•Added: Play Bar editing functions: Sync, mark in/out, and thumbnail capture.
•Added: Chroma Key settings.
•Added: Mask Settings: Mask Brush, Mask Expand, Mask Blur, and Edge Color.
•Added: PopVideo file format export (Mask .avi video).
•Added: Span section output.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I`m getting a problem since installing the new PVC2 upgrade patch.

My video files are recorded in MTS format on an SDHC card with a Pansonic HD camcorder.

To use these with PopVideo converter I previously successfully used VoltaicHD converter to change the files into wmv format for use in PVC2. This is not accepted now following the upgrade and a "Video codec not found" report is displayed when trying to load into PVC2.

I have reinstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack 5.9.0 Full version but this has not solved the problem.

I have tried converting the MTS files into mpeg & avi as an alternative using the above software and also Format Factory and my preferred video editor Corel Video Studio ProX2.

All my experiments have created successful video files in the various formats which can be viewed on VLC media player etc.

PVC2 still rejects the wmv files but they can be dragged and dropped to play in IC4 without the "codec not found" issue.

The other formats I can load into PVC2 but with a major issue. There appears to be a sort of "grey ghost shadowing" as if there is a semi transparent offset in the background. There is also a semi transparent band of green at the bottom of the screen. This shows immediately and before any keying is applied. This only shows in PVC2 and is not visible when the files are played in a media viewer or Video editor.

Has anyone successfully converted MTS HD files for use with the PVC2 following the upgrade?Crazy

If so could you let me into the secret of how it's done. I've run out of things to try to get it working with my files again. Smile

Many thanks

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Hi Geoff,

I have not personally converted MTS video and haven't encountered the problems you are experiencing myself with the videos I have converted. Have you tried converting to a video format other than wmv to see if the issue still exists or perhaps use a different converter if you have one. It will help narrow down the problem.

I will report your findings to the popVideo team so they can look into this issue. You may also like to contact Support directly yourself so they can work with you on a one to one basis.

As always, please use the Support Form so your request can be tracked.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the swift response.

Yes I`ve tried other formats. PVC2 doesn't seem to accept any of my wmv or mpeg conversions from MTS

Avi`s load but show either the ghosting effect illustrated in my previous post or suffer from noticeable jaggy edges when the subject moves. Is this a combing/interlace related problem?

The best file I`ve made from MTS is an HD 1280x720 AVC Wide Screen.avi. This loads and plays in PV2 in excellent quality without either the combing or ghosting displayed by other types of avi. Unfortunately the 3 minutes conversion to a popvideo results in a final frustrating "export failed" message each time I try.

I have adobe premiere elements and Corel Prox2 video editors both of which import MTS files and export to a range of video formats. I also have VoltaicHD ( commercial file converter program) and Format Factory (A freebie converter) which accept MTS and convert to other formats.

I`ve made over 20 conversions from MTS today using a variety of output settings from the above software. None have really proved usable in PVC2. This was not an issue for me before the upgrade patch yesterday. HD wmv files converted from MTS loaded into PVC2 and exported for use in Iclone. I can still drop an HD wmv file into Iclone and play them without issue but PVC2 says it can't find the codec.

I will take you advice Peter and report my experiences to support.

I would be interested to hear what video file format others are importing into PVC2 that successfully exports following the upgrade. There seem to be so many possibilities. Maybe I haven't hit on exactly the right one yet.

Thanks again.

Geoff.

mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
The "export failed"message is the result I've obtained in about 90 per cent of the attemps with the most common video formats and files working perfectly in different players and editors. I have also been through several routines of format conversion and so far I can't figure out, for instance, why a correct avi file fails export by PVC2 and another correct avi file (same setting, same resolution, same fps) is succesfully exported. The very same thing happens with targa files (bmp format).

Frankly, I regret buying a software that was for sale with so many flaws (not to speak of the avi output joke): It is the designers who should thoroughly test the product and not rely only on the user's feedback. So I will not go through the old support ticket solution. I just don't care.
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi mmhbcn

I`m sorry to read that you have also experienced format acceptance problems with PVC2. In fairness to RL I have only become aware of these after the recent patch. I had previously converted my MTS to WMV which was accepted by PVC2 and I was very pleased with the results I obtained. It now says "failed to find the codec" although the same format vid is still playable in IC4. This is when I found the need to experiment with other file types to try to continue using PVC2.

I did spend a great deal of time yesterday re-installing the software and testing various video formats without any acceptable results. Either they would not import or displayed issues on the PVC2 preview screen (not apparent when the same file was viewed with other software). For others they imported and displayed correctly but the final popvideo export simply failed.

I had a very swift response to my Support ticket (less than 24h) but the suggestion offered was that maybe I was trying to import Mpeg2 files which are not currently supported. They requested I emailed the video file? Which one I wonder ? I think perhaps they misunderstood the amount of trials I had also done with wmv and avi files, so in my reply I have suggested the support team look at this thread for a better understanding of the issues, some of us at least, seem to be experiencing. Not quite sure how I`m going to send a typically 65mb video file with a 2mb attachment limit on my email! Still thinking about that one.

My technical skills are limited so I frequently benefit from the talent, experience and generosity of other users on this forum. I certainly share your frustration and disappointment when things don't work as claimed..... But I hope that my hours spent on "trial and error" and by reporting findings both here and to RL support when requested is a small but useful contribution to make to the Iclone community.

Geoff.

mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hi Geoff

When saying "Not quite sure how I`m going to send a typically 65mb video file with a 2mb attachment limit on my email! Still thinking about that one." you describe my lack of interest in submitting any PVC query to the support team. I'am still waiting for an explanation from that or any other RI team about the reason why "avi output" means "a mask avi output only".

I'm not a technical expert either and, like yourself, I learn from other people's experiences and their generosity to share them. In this case I have the frustrating feeling of owning a faulty car that challenges my limited driving skills.

All the best,

Miguel

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As I mentioned previously the popVideo Converter team will look at these problems urgently to see if there is an issue with the latest update that is causing these video format errors.

As soon as I find out anything I will update here. If anyone else is having similar issues please add to this thread so we can gather as much information as possible. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mmhbcn (4/30/2010)
I'am still waiting for an explanation from that or any other RI team about the reason why "avi output" means "a mask avi output only".

Hi Miguel,

popVideo Converter is a tool to create videos with transparent background for Reallusion's suite of products rather than for general video use. The avi output option is there only to allow refining of the mask video in an external video editor, not for exporting the finished video itself.

Hope this helps answer your question. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I`ve carried out further "trial and error" tests today. In addition to my MTS files I`ve used some HD and standard def MP4 files from a Sanyo camera.

Used a variety of software (as detailed in my previous posts above) and output options to try and convert to a file format which was usable in PVC2.

Findings:

WMV: None accepted by PVC2. "Video Codec is missing" report on every occasion. These WMV files, however, play in my media viewers, video editors and IC4 without issue.

AVI: A wide variety of options in both HD and standard def to try in this file format. Many import to PVC2 but, even prior to adding the keying, show various problems. In particular a kind of Interlace fringing or a strange grey ghost offset in the PVC2 preview screen (Illustrated in a previous post). These are not apparent when the same files are viewed with media player etc. Those avi files that don't exhibit these unacceptable effects and play correctly in the PVC2 preview screen sadly fail the final export. How contrary and frustrating life can be at times !

Mov: PVC2 seems very unhappy with this file format. High quality files slow the software to unusable. The preview screen stalls on first frame, controls "lock". Even with a low quality/small file size Mov file the preview screen stutters and keying controls etc are slow and unresponsive. I have, however, successfully created a poor definition popvideo from a low quality/small file size MOV file after a very,very long export time.

I have not made or tested any mpeg1 files.

Best news....

I have now found one pipe line I can use for MTS to PopVideo. It involves a double conversion process.

MTS files converted by HDvoltaic to HDWMV.

Import HDWMV to Windows Movie Maker.(Forgot I had this software on my computer)

Export file with the only avi option available.

Result....

A good quality standard def avi which imports into PVC2 and exports successfully as a usable cropped transparent background popvideo. Smile

Question:

What does the only avi export option in Windows Movie Maker do that makes the file compatible with PVC2 when all the various avi files produced by my other software are so problematic ?Wink

Hope this info is useful.

Geoff.

Reading This Topic