Rigged Max character

Posted By peteradam6 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I do nnot know what can or can not be done so im gona watch n see Smile

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
W.VEEKE
W.VEEKE
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The way to do it is not easy but can be done:

you make the original RL face mesh invisible and not delete it. Put your own facemesh on the character and reline it. You have to make the seam of your facemesh with exactly 24 vertexes and line these up with the 24 vertexes from the neckseam from the upperbody part.  Use mesh select modifier and select this 24 vertexes. Call this connect01. Then use the skinmodifier on your own facemesh and select only the headbone. Reline the eyes and mouth. Now the tricky and most difficult part. Make the original mouth visible arround the cavity and make the same part of your new face invisible.You may reshape the mouth parts from both or only one of them, but at the end they have to cover each other one 100% and the vertexes on the edges from invisible to visible have to cover each other also 100%. and both have vertex weight=1/headbone. Use uv unwrap and take care that the covering mouth part is exactly the same shape. You have to textured both visible faceparts with your new face texture.   

Now you have a new face with facial expressions. In fact you export with the plugin  two facemeshes but you only see the visible parts of both of them.

Wil: so there also tricks for the other bodyparts     

Wil Veeke-Reallusion Certified Content Developer

Member of:

The Content Wizards!

qdai
qdai
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Wow! Unfortunately, you are far more skilled than myself. I will have to wait til they come out with an easier method. Still, I have to take my hat off to you!
Edited
14 Years Ago by qdai
qdai
qdai
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

You mentioned yesterday some tricks to make rigging/skinning a character mesh easier?
W.VEEKE
W.VEEKE
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)

i have to correct myself again. This new face can talk and will have the original eyes from reallusion. Round the mouth(the part of rl mouth) has facial expression the rest of your own faceof course not.

Maybe this way you will understand that all the facial motions are done in Iclone and not in max or what program ever. That is why you can not do this with the fxbx files, not now and not ever because this happens in Iclone itself.(clever from RL). the imported head do not have this facial expressions, this is done in iclone when the iclone meets the correct facesvertex count . Please correct me when i am wrong

Member of:

The Content Wizards!

qdai
qdai
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You know more than I do.

Does iClone use a face rig or morph targets or a combination of both to do facial and lip sync animation?
W.VEEKE
W.VEEKE
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

And of course you can also reshape the original head with props (skinmodifier and headbone). With uv unwrap of both you can textured it as it is one head. But in allcases you need rl original face mesh arround the mouth  and eyes to let it act as an standard character.

Tip make props from your new head and put them on the original RL face. Allways use skin modifier with only the head boen otherwise the vertexes of you new face will change from position to the rl face. With the uv unwrap you can do the texturing for both to match.

But keep in mind: allways use the mouthpart from rl (you can reshape it) and the eyes 

Member of:

The Content Wizards!

qdai
qdai
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

By the way, thanks for sharing your knowledge and ingenious work-arounds.
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

qdai (4/28/2010)
../.. However, there is a caveat. Unless you use iClone's Standard Character Head Mesh, the character you create will not be a Standard iClone character../..

For the head part, you are right, yes.

qdai (4/28/2010)
../.. If you go to pages 12-14+ of the article, it explains that, "There must be a specific number of vertices and edges that make up the border between any two body parts." Poly count and vertices do matter, at least at the seams../..

That's why I said :
"What is important, is the RL bone structure and the connection sets."

Connection sets are the lists of vertices at the seams. Only the right count of vertices at each seams is important, not the polygon count. So aside from this restriction, polycount and vertices do not matter, you can have a 10 millions polygons standard character, if you wish.

qdai (4/28/2010)
../.. I doubt the fbx file is the problem ../..

W.VEEKE (4/28/2010)
Qdai, you are totally right. The fbx is not a problem at all ../..

I think there is a misunderstanding here:

My first response in this thread was in reaction to W.VEEKE message:
"If you want to use the standard motions from RL you can only do this in max with the export plugins. You need the G1,G2 or G3 bone structure. In 3d exchange is this not possible"

We know now that, in fact, it is possible with 3DXchange, granted you load a correct FBX file. ( even if you have to write it by hand ).

Then W.VEEKE again:
"../.. You can not export this fbx file(standard character) to iclone by other programs then max and maya by using the RL plugins ../.."
And:
"../.. Maybe RL will come with ,more plugins for other programs ../.."

Regarding the last comment, it is quite clear that they are not interrested to create more plugins for other softwares as I proposed my help for Softimage|XSI and I got a response saying they are not interrested in creating a plugin for it.

Ok, now, regarding the fbx file:

Of course the fbx file is not the problem at all IF YOU ARE USING MAX or MAYA ! Simply because you don't need it, you have the plugins..

So, W.VEEKE, as a content developer, is supposed to have the resources to afford the Max licence, and you, qdai, I don't know wich 3d application you use, but if you use 3ds Max, either the 'evaluation version' or the commercial version, then you already are on the 'easy way' to create you own, personal, custom standard character, and I don't understand why you would bother with 3DXchange.

Now, if you are not using 3ds Max, then, and as W.VEEKE said, again :
"../.. You can not export this fbx file(standard character) to iclone by other programs then max and maya by using the RL plugins ../.."

Then you have the same problem as I have and we are both in the same boat :

The generation of a compatible FBX file ( from any application other than Max/Maya ) *is* the all problem.

Modeling, rigging, skinning, etc.. is not. I already have the iClone standard character with the right RL bones structure, connection sets, etc.. in Softimage|XSI.

The challenge is now to find a way to produce this FBX file that will be understood by 3DXchange as a 'Standard Character'.

Cheers,
Guy.
ps: english is not my native tongue, so sorry if I'm not always making myself very clear.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
if RL have no intention of releasing more pluggins then maybe they could give us a way of developing our own as I want to use characters I have created (with lipsync ) in Iclone and the sad fact is if this is NEVER going to happen then maybe I am going to have to look at another program that would alow me to do that , and in truth I dont really want to do that ..

And to be honest there is only one pluggin that is needed and thats a Blender one ... the rest would be just nice but not needed...Smile or what I would like to see a way of using something like clonebone that can be used an o full mesh ...

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
14 Years Ago by bluemidget666

Reading This Topic