Profile Picture

iClone 7 Crash

Posted By philipitsmylife 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
philipitsmylife
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi guys, 
I've been using iClone7 and it keeps crashing every now and then, even though my scene file has only 1 lakh polygons.
I used to never have this problem with iClone 6, even with a scene file with 7 lakh polygons 
Plus when I restart iClone, I use the restore function and even that fails. Any idea why?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You don't have any video billboards in the scene, do you?

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
philipitsmylife
philipitsmylife
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
No, but I was making scene geography so i have a lot of trees in them.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I tracked down some of my iClone issues to video drivers -- I was using the LATEST for my nVidia card, which were hosing my system.  Backing off to the April drivers (quite a few versions ago) solved my problems.  So it's worth a try looking and seeing what you have (nVidia updates their stuff like every two weeks, to fix things that mostly aren't broken for us but for gamers).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
philipitsmylife (7/22/2017)
Hi guys, 
I've been using iClone7 and it keeps crashing every now and then, even though my scene file has only 1 lakh polygons.
I used to never have this problem with iClone 6, even with a scene file with 7 lakh polygons 
Plus when I restart iClone, I use the restore function and even that fails. Any idea why?

Do you have more detailed information about the crashes? For example it is with certain projects only, is it always when you perform the same function?

The more information you can supply the better especially if you have steps we can try and reproduce.

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Lanzaboy
Lanzaboy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I most often get a crash trying to create a new windows folder to store a sequence of images (png) when in the the 'render settings' window. This can happen at any resolution with any project from the simplest to the most complex. On restarting Iclone and repairing or reloading the project the the problem does not immediately repeat itself and I can then create the folder and render.

Iclone 7 (latest) - Win 7 64bit  

Reading This Topic