Profile Picture

Daz Props / Scenes / Clothes etc..to Iclone. help :)

Posted By pka4916 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
ok, I've been on a conversion trip  and started converting Daz items and some plain people (since otherwise the clothes are stuck to them)
to Iclone.
If I export  people, scenes, clothes, animation  to Iclone. They always end up in the Props Folder and have the iprop extension  if I am right (at work now, so i can't check)
Can  I just move those items into different folders?  since I recall that the extensions are different  like  iavatar etc.
I tried googling some videos  but getting nowhere, so I thought I'll ask.. since I am thinking I might do something wrong.

Also  When I export a scene from Daz that has like  movable doors / drawers etc.  Would I be able to still move them ?
since it looks like they becoming 1 item.  Or is there another way to do that?  to make the items within the scene still able to open / close doors, windows, cupboards etc.

And last but least.

The clothes I am exporting and use them on the IcloneDaz people.  how do I make them stick,  since when I move them  the clothes are left behind.
as compare with the Iclone items,  things are moving with the person.
And.. will the clothes bent etc  when you bent the IclonDaz character.

I know many questions.. but   I like to be prepared if I have to convert my 1000's of items from Daz.. since Iclone seems to be way better to do things.
Since I was working on a movie in Daz,  but got attracted to Iclone and now I want everything in Iclone, which might not be all possible.. but going to give it a shot.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
I'll leave out people -- far more experienced folks than I can comment on the whole "Daz to iAvatar" thing -- but it ain't trivial.

As for props -- you can move them wherever you want, but certain things ARE certain other things.  For example, an accessory is something that is attached to a character.  If you import a prop and then attach it, you can save it as an accessory, but you can't just rename a prop's extension and make it work that way.

In XChange you can select parts of your file and make it a sub-object, at which point in iClone you can then animate it separately.  But if it's all one piece in XChange you can't do this -- so you'd have to use something like Blender to break it up into pieces.

Clothes -- oh, brother, are you in for some fun.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
pka4916
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

ok,  so I need to load the props and attach them somehow (have to look, if that's the same with Camera Attach to.... (from the training videos))
and then save it as an accessory.   
Thought maybe you could do that within Xchange.

I "Think"  if I import a building with all the items in it,  that I can see all the items separately.  Have to look.  
If not,  then I can just export that 1 item,  and see if I can make it in sub parts.

Clothes.....  ugh... getting a weird feeling about that one.. LOL...   Is that going to be that hard?   Those are going to be an accessory then right?  
or is there a different extension for that too?.   I had skipped the clothing part in the training.. since that was creating from scratch.. 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

You just have whatever prop you want to attach and scroll down on the modify tab and you'll see "Attach To" or something like that and click on the body part you want.  So, a hat or helmet to head, purse to shoulder (clavicle), belt to pelvis, etc.  Then when you save it will "know" it's an accessory and save accordingly.  You can then move these into Character Creator if you want (so you can use them there as well) but you WILL have to rename them there (from .iAcc to .ccAcc, IIRC).

Clothes are a problem if you want them to have physics (which you most likely would - otherwise they will look more like "armour" than clothes -- not that there's anything wrong with that).  If so, you will need to learn and understand weight maps.  And if you want to use in Character Creator?  Forgetaboutit (well, you *can* but it's beyond this simple pea brain of mine).  But, IIRC, you will be doing that as part of your Daz Character import, so just find the thread or two (or five) around here that talks about that.  While I think using Daz props inside of iClone is a great reuse, I think using the Daz characters is a bit crazy (but there are others who swear by it here, so don't listen to me).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
pka4916
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for all the info.
Well, I got some characters and bought those 100 faces etc..
But there ain't that main clothes/hair in Iclone..  From what I can find.
And I have 100's of not more  from Daz people.  so  I guess it's more fitting for Daz items than Iclone.  Unless you can make it work somehow..  I have to look at those other threads or 2 or 5 Smile

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

For scenes, props and objects:

The way to bring them to Iclone is through 3DXchange, as you have already learned. Keep in mind that all the objects, scenes, buildings, grounds, skies, cars, weapons etc. that you export from DAZ in .OBJ format will be transferred to Iclone as PROPS. There is no problem there.
The "problem" occurs when, for example, you want to convert a closet along with its movable drawers. Just because they are movable in DAZ, it doesn't make them movable in Iclone. What I have been doing is that I export all the pieces SEPARATELY (export closet, then export drawer 1, then export drawer 2), then I make them separate iProps, and then, inside Iclone, I position them as they were in DAZ, and I attach the drawers to the closet. Now it is ONE object, with 2 movable sub-objects. I hope what I say makes sense to you. Tongue

For people: Search for tutorials "Daz genesis to Iclone" in youtube. There are many videos will show and that is the process you need to follow. If you have any questions after trying them, don't hesitate to ask.

For clothes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFWnWDUk2lM&t=192s  This is the tutorial I follow. He makes a jacket from zero, but the process for ready DAZ clothes is the same. So you export each cloth and you follow the tutorial. Again, any follow-up questions are welcome.
Shoes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1hv548GH_4
Accessories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAySsjYbaGw
Hair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7f__LNUviw&t=835s

Believe me, it will take time. The first time I tried those tutorials, the results were absolutely horrific. But after some practice, I can say that the results are GREAT. You can convert ANYTHING from DAZ with little to no loss of quality. But it takes time. Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

pka4916
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you for all the info, that really helps.
I was doing it in FBX format,  since that looked better than OBJ.   so I really need to use OBJ then, and get somehow the colors and other things back into the item, or it doesn't matter, since they end up in the Props folder already.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I find if your Daz objects have multimaterials on them it's best to import into XChange as FBX (and there into iClone) since it preserves the MM slots (you will still need to reassign your maps).  I have a lot of Daz stuff that's just OBJ (because I don't use Daz per se but just buy the objects and use the obj without installing them elsewhere) and in those cases I import into Blender and export as FBX.

Make SURE you realign your pivot point on any object you bring in -- they usually aren't right and if the pivot isn't in the center when you go to move, scale or rotate it it will drive you crazy.  Also align to ground and scale according to human size will help when you drag them into iClone.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
pka4916
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Good to know about the Pivot point.  I remember that from the training haha..  that can create nightmares for you.

So  if I have a cupboard in Daz with  moving parts (the doors)
I need to export the cupboard without doors and the doors separate and than attach them to the cupboard again, in order to make them movable if I am
understanding it right, or daz Xchange to Iclone the different parts (since they are different parts all connected already in Xchange.

Since you have then 3 props.  (cupboard, left and right door)  once you make a new prop with the doors in it, can you delete the old item.  or are they linked to the other props?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You don't necessarily have to output it as different objects -- bring it into XChange and see.  If in Xchange you can see the other objects, select them, make them sub-objects and adjust their pivots as needed (for opening, closing).  *Most* of the time this will work.

If it's really only one object then you need to perform some editing somewhere, but that usually won't be the case.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic