Posted By kenshinw95 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
kenshinw95
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
A new problem has arisen in my path to make a custom character. I import the base mesh FBX into Blender 2.78, make the clothing such as a top, UV unwrap it, transfer the weights from the base FBX's armature, and export the FBX. I made sure the "leaf bones", or whatever wasn't check marked. I import the resulting FBX into Character Creator, and get this error. Why? I only had the "default" blender material on the custom clothing. So, I deleted the material at all on the top, and still the below message shows up. Any help would be appreciated.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4496cdce-dd86-4c14-9032-14fe.png
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
the top should not be TYP eye . It must be TYP  Cloth for choose the Layer function
This is the second time I see it,  when it comes from Blender
I believe it is an input error in the copy skin menu
Maybe you have selected an option wrong ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

kenshinw95
kenshinw95
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

vidi (7/16/2017)
the top should not be TYP eye . It must be TYP  Cloth for choose the Layer function
This is the second time I see it,  when it comes from Blender
I believe it is an input error in the copy skin menu
Maybe you have selected an option wrong ?

I don't know how the "Type" is determined when importing into CC. None of the videos I've seen about creating, or converting models into clothing specify that. It's like CC just "magically" knows which type to put for the model. I followed the steps from in the below tutorial the from around the 9:23 mark. The only deviation I made from that video is that I made the clothing item in Blender instead of importing an OBJ of DAZ3D clothing.
https://youtu.be/oVtxT3I1OYg?t=9m23s
Edited
7 Years Ago by kenshinw95
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
the problem with press buttons for automatic things, it can works or not.
if not , you need check the weights manually, maybe the top is  skinned to the wrong bone ? or check again,  if you have a mistake in the workround,
e.g. a choose option is wrong set, in the blender weightpaint menue...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

kenshinw95
kenshinw95
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

After some experimentation, and watching other videos. I came back to the one I shared, and realized that I missed a step.
Once I implemented the missing step, everything worked! It came as quite a shock to me. I appreciate your help, since it made me retrace my workflow steps.
The problem was that I had parented the clothing top to the armature, but I didn't select both the base body AND the top when I transfered the weights.

Reading This Topic