Pro outfits crash 3DX7 Pipline on import

Posted By VirtualMedia 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Purchased the pro outfits with export option and have yet to get them imported to 3DXChange in fbx. Is there something I'm missing?

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 14 minutes ago
You can save yourself a step, or two, by exporting direct from CC as FBX. If you need to export animations, you still need to send them to 3DX, I believe.
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rampa (7/13/2017)
You can save yourself a step, or two, by exporting direct from CC as FBX. If you need to export animations, you still need to send them to 3DX, I believe.

Thanks for the reply Rampa, however that's what I'm attempting. I want to modify the clothing in ZBrush. On the workstation it tells me I don't have an export license for the avatar the laptop lets me export fbx but I can't get that in to ZB without converting to an OBJ. I purchased the export license for clothing specifically for the purpose of modifying and re-import to the RL pipeline.

--------------------------------

Follow up: I ran some models the 3DX Pipeline without issue, I never gave much attention to 3DXChange since CC was released but after playing around with it I've found it to be quite useful.

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
7 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I know this will sound redundant but reading other post around with 3DX7 problem. Seems like a lot are linked to having the pre-release then installing the full version. Some seem to go away after uninstalling and reinstalling 3DX7.

Reading This Topic