Daz Genesis 3 import into Iclone using 3DXchange morph question

Posted By djb-systems 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Daz Genesis 3 import into Iclone using 3DXchange morph question

Author
djb-systems
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi All

I have successfully imported my Daz3D Genesis 3 model into iClone via 3Dxchange using the tutorial video supplied by Reallusion on youtube, no issues whatsoever, it was all pretty straight forward this was also using the Viseme morphs which work great.

My question is regarding custom morphs, is it possible or is it only facial morphs that are possible, what I mean is for example, I have some addon morphs that morph my 3D character from a standard human to a demon with wings, or a monster ect, can this morph be imported into iClone so that I can animate that transition, I think the best way to put it is the morph from Bruce Banner to The Hulk, I am trying to animate a similar concept in iClone and I already have the transition in Daz3D.

Cheers

DJ
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I think the best way to put it is the morph from Bruce Banner to The Hulk
The onlly problem would be with huge Transitions , the bone do not follow  this transition  So it will endup in wrong Jonint defomations 
In DAZ is a  nice option , called adjust rigging to shape , but such a Option is not in Iclone, unfortnally  you will get crazy defomation results, if the transion is too big 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

djb-systems
djb-systems
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi Vidi

Thanks for the reply, I never thought about any changes regarding the joint structure on the morph which is a pity as for me iClone is much easier to animate in than Daz Studio, I also noticed there seems to be a drop in resolution on the models going from Daz to iClone but that could just be me needing to work on the textures after import.

I will try a morph and see how it goes, but if it does effect joint structure then as you say the results can become crazy.
Cheers

DJ

Reading This Topic