Profile Picture

CT 8 No 3D option

Posted By acook937 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
acook937
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hey,
Newbie here. In all of the tutorials I have seen for creating 3D characters from front and side images, they click on the "Create New Character" icon and a a small window pops up asking if they want to make a 3D or 2D character. For some reason it just skips that screen and goes straight to selecting and image for a 2D character.

Am i doing anything wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Make sure you both have the latest version of CT as well as the latest video drivers for your card installed.

Otherwise when you do "create a character" it definitely SHOULD bring up the Select actor type window.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
maybe you have only the standard version ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
acook937 (7/3/2017)
Hey,
Newbie here. In all of the tutorials I have seen for creating 3D characters from front and side images, they click on the "Create New Character" icon and a a small window pops up asking if they want to make a 3D or 2D character. For some reason it just skips that screen and goes straight to selecting and image for a 2D character.

Am i doing anything wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Unfortunately as you have the Standard version you won't be able to create your own 3D heads. You can however use the 3D heads that come with CT8 or purchase more from the Content Store. You will need the Pro or Pipeline versions to create custom heads in 3D.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic